Experience Report Live: Exploratory Testing a Product with James Lyndsay
Watch as James Lyndsay takes on Challenge 3 of the exploratory week live, the Exploratory Testing a Product challenge. He ops to test the Python Interpreter.
Exploratory testing is a fantastic way to get to learn how a product truly works. But it requires practise to develop our exploratory testing skills. In this activity we’ll get an opportunity to both practise exploratory testing and identify how we can identify ideas for testing.
This activity is designed to get you doing exploratory testing and reflecting on your skills and ability to come up with test ideas.
For this challenge we would like you to:
- Either create an exploratory testing charter, or select one from the previous activity if you carried it out.
- Using no testing aids, carry out an exploratory testing session for no longer than 30 minutes
- Once you’ve completed your first testing session. Run a second exploratory testing session, this time google for different testing heuristics and mnemonics to expand your testing. Test for no longer than 30 minutes
- Once you’ve finished your testing. Sit down and compare what testing you did without the use of testing aids, and what testing you did with the use of testing aids. Write down what heuristics and mnemonics you want to keep using in the future.
- Pick a note taking approach that works for you. For example mind-mapping, sketch noting or good old pen and paper
- If you don’t want to do an Experience report. Why not share your testing notes in this Club thread.
How to Talk About Testing - Storytelling for Exploratory Testers with Huib Schoots01:38:14
Discussions: Reporting Your Exploratory Testing01:09:32
Experience Report: Sharing Your Testing Story with Venkat Ramakrishnan00:15:29
Experience Report: Sharing Your Testing Story with Sam Simataa00:18:47
Experience Report: Sharing Your Testing Story with Bhargavi Varala00:22:07
Ellie Lock and Suman Bala Talk Exploratory Testing00:42:00
TestBash Revisited: Exploratory Testing with the Team, a Journey Worth Taking01:16:07
Discussion: Global App Testing Testers Talk All Things Exploratory Testing00:40:32