Weekly Newsletter: Is there a good way to write automated tests for ugly apps?
This newsletter is kindly supported by
Looking for a test management tool that will integrate with Jira?
Join thousands of users using the PractiTest Jira integration. With new advanced features, this integration is even better than it was - and we keep on adding more and more stuff.
Testing and the community
- How do you do an exploratory testing session? Have a look at how Bruce went about it!
- Phil has been to a few TestBashes, are they worth it? Find out!
- Want to be more efficient with Git? Here's simple work flow.
- Find out how Siri and Alexa are enforcing gender bias. What should testers do about this?
- Can you explain exploratory testing in 5 minutes? Get inspired from this post!
- Do you have a culture of referring to testing quotes? This post will get you thinking!
- Do you think your personal definition of quality influences the way you test? Do you agree with Patrick?
- The value of testing is...(includes a handy mindmap!)
- What's does a tester mindset have? And does it match with yours?
- Do you know why your test automation is failing? Could your test environment be inhibiting your automation?
- Is there a good way to write automated tests for ugly apps? Do you have any monstrous stories to share?
- The manual vs automation debate is wrong. And yes, so many of us are tired of it!
- Automate or die! Opinionated stuff from the Evil Tester.
- The key to accessibility...is simplicity!
- How do you make a form accessible? Here's a handy guide.
- Are you testing for focus? Here's what you should be thinking about.
- A great example of why not to rely on automatic accessibility testing. As testers we'd never rely on automation, would we?
- Testim raises $10m. Interesting.
- What should devops engineers know about testing? There's no excuse for testers not to pass on the knowledge!
- How do you plan for localization testing? Free guide available.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- A New Castaway Arrives! at Testers' Island!
- Need to maintain test suites for complex software? This Test&Code podcast may be just for you!
- Come learn about the power of feature flags and think about what they could mean for testing.
- Think twice about using those free USB charging hubs!
- Karate - Web-Services Testing Made Simple.
- Dashing - The exceptionally handsome dashboard framework.
- BrowserUp Proxy is a free utility to watch, test, and manipulate web application network traffic and performance.
- Mimesis is fast and extremely easy to use Python package, which helps generate big volumes of fake data for a variety of purposes in a variety of languages.
- LightStep answers questions and diagnoses anomalies at scale, spanning mobile, monoliths, and microservices.
- Do you trust your phone? How do you know there isn't someone spying on you?
- Another day another leak. This one is from Radisson Rewards.
- Changing passwords is unsafe, says Microsoft. What do you think?
- London Tester Gathering Workshops - 26th - 28th June
- TestBash Germany - 12th - 13th September
- TestBash Manchester - 2nd - Thursday 3rd October 2019
- Test.bash(); - 4th October 2019
- TestBash Australia - 24th - 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 6th - 7th November 2019