Your Weekly Testing News - Issue 382
This newsletter is kindly supported by MOSTLY AI
Are you hooked on poisonous production data for testing? 😱
Stop what you are doing and join the Test Data Rehab for an effective and fun way to replace your bad test data habits with healthy ones. We’ll send you all the materials needed, including an ebook and a guided meditation.
Sometimes you can't help but step away from the world of testing.
I don't have much to share about last week as I wasn't present for much of it. I was moving home. And a big move like that often makes you reflect on what's important.
Gutted to miss out, most of Team Ministry of Testing met in person to reflect on the business and community. They explored a new approach to working on projects and set priorities for the rest of this year. From what I can gather — with no WiFi right now – the time to reflect and plan was a huge success.
So this week I look forward to checking in with Team MoT to see how it all went. And then work out how I can connect it all up with advocating for the community. Look out for updates from the week's get together! They will manifest in all shapes and sizes.
I also have some chats planned with those who want to run their own micro-events about various testing topics. Plus a debrief with the wonderful Emna Ayadi about her 99 Minute Challenge. Exciting!
While it still seems a while away I can't wait for another in-person conference. And this time it's in the form of TestBash UK. And last week's main reflection was this: there's real power in getting people together to get stuff done. House move, team get together, TestBash. No matter what, it's people co-creating stuff together that moves things forward.
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Sauce Labs
Create Test Scripts Using Chrome DevTools Recorder Panel
Did you know you can now record, replay, and measure user flows with the new Chrome DevTools Recorder panel? The Recorder panel is available in Chrome versions 101 and above. Discover how to run Chrome DevTools replay recordings on Sauce Labs today.
Useful business posts
- The Consumer Trends Driving Quality Engineering — Bridget Hughes
- Sauce Labs Announces Next Testing for Good Workshop for Java Development — Sauce Labs
- Tue 12 Jul Developing Testing Tools Task Analysis
- Tue 12 Jul Take the Basic UI Automation Check Challenge with Trisha Chetani
- Tue 19 Jul Maintaining Test Environments Task Analysis
- Wed 20 Jul Scale API Test Automation with Contract Testing of OpenAPI Specs: Transform your CI pipelines for high velocity and fast debugging
- Wed 20 Jul Ask mabl Anything!
- Mon 19 Sep - Wed 21 Sep Automation in Testing - Manchester
- Thu 22 Sep - Fri 23 Sep TestBash UK 👀😃
Calls for Contributions
- Call for Contribution – Share your interest to run a Community Micro-Event
- Call for Content - Write for us
💬 Keep the conversation going on The Club (our forum) and the MoT Slack (our chat client). And stay up-to-date via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline. Know someone who might enjoy this newsletter? Share this link to the Ministry of Testing newsletter sign-up page. 🗞
Simon is a CommunityBoss at Ministry of Testing and his pronouns are he/him. Currently learning to be a better community enabler, he has a passion for all things testing with a career in various testing roles since 2003. He particularly enjoys promoting and sharing the value of exploratory testing.