What is the MoT Foundation Certificate in Test Automation?
This Foundation Certificate in Test Automation (MoT-FCTA) certification course is tailored for individuals who aspire to initiate their journey into the world of test automation. Designed by Ministry of Testing, this course provides comprehensive knowledge and real-world experience in core test automation concepts.
Our meticulously crafted curriculum ensures you develop a solid foundation and a pragmatic grasp of essential software test automation practices to land and perform your first Test Automation Engineer role successfully.
- Understand What Test Automation Means: Gain insights into what automation means in context to software testing, how it helps and what traps to avoid.
- Evaluate Tool Options: Learn to identify, analyse, and make informed decisions when choosing automated tools within a specific context.
- Create a Minimum Viable Automated Feedback Loop: Develop the skills to create initial automated checks that demonstrate the value of automation and outline future tasks.
- Investigate Failed Automated Checks: React to failed automated checks, identify issues, and execute actions to resolve them effectively.
- Develop or Adopt Testing Tools: Analyse the execution environment for automated checks, identify requirements, and set up automation execution runs.
- Maintain Testing Tools: Support and enhance the tooling that facilitates testing activities, extending beyond automated checking.
Why choose MoT Certifications?
- Proven Legacy: Ministry of Testing has been a trusted partner in the software industry since 2007.
- Community-Powered: Our course curriculums are driven by the testing community, ensuring their relevance and quality.
- Industry Expertise: The Test Automation curriculum is co-created with input from over 150 Test Automation Professionals.
- Engaging Learning: Experience engaging and interactive courses.
- Flexible Learning: Learn at your own pace with our online, self-paced courses.
- Community Support: Join a supportive community for all your questions and concerns.
- Transparent Pricing: Enjoy an all-inclusive price with no hidden fees.
- Career Boost: Our credible certification can elevate your career in test automation.
Tester, Toolsmith, Author and Instructor
Frequently Asked Questions
MoT Course Certificates are created by Ministry of Testing following deep research alongside the software testing community. Our goal is to create education.
All our courses aim to be cover topics in depth and with relevance and delivered in various digital media options. MoT Course Certificates are delivered self-paced and on-demand. Completion of courses and associated tests lead to MoT accreditation with a Certificate.
Yes. All the content and activities are to be completed online. Everything is available on-demand and can be completed at your own pace.
Each individual MoT Certification describes the level of knowledge, experience or pre-requisites required.
Pro-members are entitled to MoT Certification course discounts. The discount will vary depending on the certification course chosen.
Refunds are not available on MoT Certifications.
Yes, you can purchase an MoT Certification as many times as you like. You'll then be able to assign all your purchases to individual team members.
Once the content is live, we'll email all purchasers explaining how to get access to the content. The MoT Certifications courses will also be available for learner dashboards.
Yes, each MoT Certification will be updated on a regular basis. Updates will be included in all purchases, you won't have to pay for updates.
Basic knowledge of coding would be advantageous but is not essential as you will be guided through building automation in code. Notably, coding basics are not covered in these courses, but there are lots of free resources available online.
The practices and approaches covered in the certifications apply to any set-up or tools. Good automation comes from applying these practices to the tools that work best in a specific context. However, the IDEs and frameworks used are as follows:
- Java: IDE is IntelliJ. Frameworks are JUnit, RestAssured and Selenium-WebDriver.
- CSharp: IDE is Visual Studio Code. Frameworks are NUnit, RestAssured and Selenium-WebDriver.
Each course covers different aspects of Test Automation and is designed to cater to different levels of expertise. You can take the courses in order, going from foundation-level through to advanced-level or take the course that suits your current career goals. Here is a list of the Test Automation certifications, what they cover and who they’re aimed at:
- MoT Foundation Certificate in Test Automation: This course is tailored for individuals beginning their journey in test automation. It focuses on core concepts and practical skills required for an entry-level Test Automation Engineer role.
- MoT Intermediate Certificate in Test Automation: Aimed at professionals looking to advance to senior roles, this course delves deeper into the intricacies of creating and maintaining automated tests, reporting results, and managing testing frameworks and environments.
- MoT Expert Certificate in Test Automation: This course is designed for experienced professionals aspiring to leadership roles in Test Automation. It covers advanced topics such as devising comprehensive automation strategies, planning automation projects, and leading test automation initiatives.