99-Minute Workshops, the brand new addition to Ministry of Testing’s learning platform available only to our Pro Members.
Our short, instructor-led, workshops are the perfect way to explore and experiment with new ideas, keep updated with new tools and approaches to testing. Broadening your understanding of what it means to be a valuable member of a modern software development team.
API testing in Python with requests
In this workshop you'll get hands-on with requests, a popular Python library for consuming RESTful APIs - join Bas Dijkstra at his API testing in Python with requests workshop on the 16th of November 2020 at 12 PM (UK Time).
After this workshop, you will be able to
- create a JSON request payload and POST it to a REST API endpoint,
- perform a GET call and
- write assertions for JSON response body element values and basic response characteristics.
For more information on the 99-Minute Workshops click here.
What You'll Learn
By the end of this workshop you'll be able to:
- Create a JSON request payload and POST it to a REST API endpoint.
- Perform a GET call and write assertions for JSON response body element values.
- Perform a GET call and write assertions for basic response characteristics.
About This Workshop
We'll also see how we can create an object in Python that represents a JSON request payload and how to successfully POST it to an API. You'll also get a list of resources for further learning.
Test automation trainer and consultant | Python developer
I'm an independent test automation consultant with over 14 years of experience helping my clients improve their testing efforts through smart application of tools. I'm an experienced trainer in a range of topics related to test automation and software development.