Select a session to learn more about it.
API Testing with Postman
What99 Minute Workshop
Do you write/test your own APIs or use third-party APIs? But before you start investing time writing code to retrieve the data the API is offering, why not test the request first to make sure everything is working as expected?
In this workshop, we’ll learn how to get started with Postman by using a real-world REST API.
Postman is a great web development and testing tool for working with APIs. With Postman, you can immediately start an interaction with your backend and get feedback on how API is performing, what information is available, how you can interact with it and you can do all this without writing a single line of code. Postman allows you to create a request with the required HTTP method and parameters, submit the request, and inspect the results without building client-side or front end, it means it’s easier to find bugs early in the development.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to create requests and building simple workflows, learn to deal with authentication mechanisms, and collaborate using team workspaces.
- Use Postman to create a request and examine HTTP response in Postman
- Use different authentication mechanisms like Basic Auth, API Keys, or OAuth
- Organise tests in collections and team workspace
- Create a simple workflow using variables in Postman
- Execute collection of your Postman API tests with Newman
- Basic HTTP knowledge required (address, message body, headers, cookies.)
- Basic knowledge about RESTful APIs and JSON
- PC with Windows, macOS or Linux for installing Postman
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the Workshops Recorded?
Our 99-minute workshpos are designed to be attended live. If you can’t make the scheduled time, it will stay available to replay in CrowdCast for 7 days. To get the most out of them, we highly recommend you attend them live.