99-Minute Workshops, the brand new addition to Ministry of Testing’s learning platform available only to our Pro Members.
Our short, instructor-led, workshops are the perfect way to explore and experiment with new ideas, keep updated with new tools and approaches to testing. Broadening your understanding of what it means to be a valuable member of a modern software development team.
API Testing with Postman
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to get started with Postman by using a real-world REST API, how to test HTTP requests, learn to deal with authentication and automate your Postman APIs with Newman. Join Suman Bala on the 19th of October 2020 at 12 PM (UK Time).
After this workshop, you will be able to
- Use Postman to create a request and examine HTTP response in Postman,
- use different authentication mechanisms like Basic Auth, API Keys, or OAuth,
- organise tests in collections and team workspace,
- create a simple workflow using variables in Postman and
- execute collection of your Postman API tests with Newman.
For more information on the 99-Minute Workshops click here.
What You'll Learn
By the end of this workshop you'll be able to:
- Use Postman to create a request and examine HTTP response in Postman.
- Use different authentication mechanisms like Basic Auth, API Keys, or OAuth.
- Organise tests in collections and team workspace.
- Create a simple workflow using variables in Postman.
- Execute collection of your Postman API tests with Newman.
About This Workshop
Suman is a QA advocate with a passion for improvement in quality processes and is a strong believer in Test Automation. In the past 14 years, she has designed & developed an automation framework from scratch for various products from middleware graphics library, e-commerce & mobile apps. She has honed her capabilities in coaching, mentoring, and team leading, as well as more strategic and technical demands associated with testing. Her mission is to develop teams to transform their thinking, approach, and capability, resulting in a happier and more efficient workforce. She feels proud of how people’s perspective has changed regarding testing throughout her career. She is striving to instill the idea that quality is everyone’s responsibility as opposed to merely laying it at the feet of QA. She is a co-organiser for the Ministry of Testing Leeds meet-up. She is part of multiple initiatives groups at Sky such as women in tech, better allies, grassroots leaders, and co-founder of the public speaking guild. Talk to her about quality first, building inclusive teams, and cooking.