with Angie Jones, Applitools.
Thanks to Our Sponsor
Select a session to learn more about it.
Automated Visual Testing
What99 Minute Workshop
Functional test automation is a wonderful way to frequently and expeditiously execute regression testing. However, the test scripts that we write are limited to the few assertions we’ve considered. Many times, these assertions only cover the tip of the iceberg and account for a small fraction of what a human being would have subconsciously verified.
For example, a test automation script can verify that when adding 2 and 2 via a calculator app, the sum that is returned on screen is 4. But does the 4 appear correctly? Is it upside down? Or sideways? Is it the right colour? Are there errors that appear on other areas of the screen? These are all things that the human eye would notice, but an automated regression test would not. The test would continue to pass, even with all of the aforementioned errors. This is where visual validation comes in!
- Develop automated UI tests using Java, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, and Applitools
- Learn when and where to add visual assertions
- How to work with various match levels including ones suitable for dynamic content
- Existing familiarity with test automation (even if with different tools) will be helpful for this workshop.
- Visual validation is a relatively new concept to add to your test automation toolbox. Applitools, a sophisticated visual validation tool, uses AI to mimic the human eye and brain to verify the look and feel of your application.
Angie Jones is a Java Champion and Principal Developer Advocate who specializes in test automation strategies and techniques. She shares her wealth of knowledge by speaking and teaching at software conferences all over the world, writing tutorials and technical articles on angiejones.tech, and leading the online learning platform, Test Automation University.
As a Master Inventor, Angie is known for her innovative and out-of-the-box thinking style which has resulted in more than 25 patented inventions in the US and China. In her spare time, Angie volunteers with Black Girls Code to teach coding workshops to young girls in an effort to attract more women and minorities to tech.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the Workshops Recorded?
Our 99-minute workshpos are designed to be attended live. If you can’t make the scheduled time, it will stay available to replay in CrowdCast for 7 days. To get the most out of them, we highly recommend you attend them live.