What You'll Learn
By the end of this workshop you'll be able to:
- Configure an Android emulator and or iOS simulator
- Set up Appium Desktop on you local machine
- Understand the drivers that Appium Desktop uses
- Understand how the different screens of Appium Desktop work
- Use different Appium versions
- Connect to a local Android emulator or iOS simulator
- Connect to emulators/simulators or real devices in a cloud service
- Discover hidden Appium Desktop features
About This Workshop
Appium is currently the de facto standard for automating a website, a hybrid and or a native app on a mobile device. To be able to automate your application with appium, you also need to be able to inspect the elements you want to interact with. If you've ever automated a website for a desktop browser you might have seen and learned some tricks on how to inspect elements in a browser, but what if you need to automate a hybrid or native mobile application? Or what if you want to verify certain Appium commands in your script?
Well, that's when Appium Desktop comes in. Appium Desktop is an app for Mac, Windows, and Linux which gives you the power of the Appium automation server in a beautiful and flexible UI. And the best part is, you don't need to set up Appium with all it's environmental dependencies, you get everything out of the box.
In this 99-minute workshop we are going to work with Appium Desktop, install it on your local machine and explore all the options you have to make your mobile automation efforts a success. By the end of this workshop you have become an Appium Desktop ninja that can conquer the mobile automation world.
Sr. Solutions Architect