This Testing Ask Me Anything is sponsored by PractiTest.
PractiTest is an end-to-end test management solution to organize, run, and visualize all your QA efforts in one centralized hub. It incorporates all testing types: manual, exploratory, and automation for any testing methodology. Robust built-in integrations provide a streamlined process and improve team communication. View and share real-time test results using advanced customizable reports to make smarter decisions and release better software, faster.
There are people who follow a clear path from graduation until retirement. For the rest of us, career building can be messy, accidental, painful and/or take us in unexpected directions. We might feel stuck, want to get a more senior position, want to switch to something completely different or just feel that we don't even know what the next "career step" would be. In this session, Lena will talk about her experience with building, and switching, careers and answer any questions you might have!
Once registered you could ask Lena any question on Career building you might have, here are a few examples:
- I want to find my first job as a tester. What are the most important skills?
- I don't want to be a manager! What are my other career choices?
- Do I have to learn to code to get promoted?
- What is a sponsor and how do I find one?
- Do you have to have long-term goals? And if so, why?