What You'll Learn
By the end of this workshop you'll be able to:
- Design test plans incorporating Chrome DevTools in their approach.
- Explain how different Chrome DevTools can be used in software testing.
- Name different DevTools available in Google Chrome.
About This Workshop
- Introduction to browser DevTools, reviewing popular browsers, along with their history and how they have evolved over the years.
- Open up your local web browser as I take you on a guided tour of Chrome DevTools, specifically covering Elements, Console, Sources, Network, and Application.
- I’ll cover useful features for testers and developers during this time along.
- I will share a personal example on how I've personally used the DevTools to uncover or clarify an issue as a software tester.
- Exercise where we use a live website and come up with different areas of to incorporate the use of Chrome DevTools into a test plan.
This workshop has been designed to be attended live. If you can’t make the scheduled time, it will stay available to replay in CrowdCast for 7 days. To get the most out of it, we highly recommend you attend it live!
You will need to have Google Chrome installed on your machine.
Director of Software Test
Butch Mayhew is the Director of Software Test at Daxko who loves finding more efficient ways to complete tasks. This played out in two major areas within his organization; test strategies that focus on deep exploratory feature testing, and creating test automation frameworks that have identified over 150 defects in his test environments. While he isn't busy automating the next boring task, you can find him at the disc golf course during the day or saving the princess with his kids on his RetroPie at night.