Software Test Designer
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant. Netherlands
ASML’s Applications products are critical elements in the semiconductor manufacturing process. These products are largely software driven. Wafer Fab Applications (WFA) is the part of the Application products responsible for developing and delivering products that improve the performance of ASML’s scanners by translating large amounts of performance data into scanner correction profiles.
You will be part of HVM Jobs & Baseliners group. This group is responsible for design, implementation, test and integration support of automation software for High Volume Manufacturing applications in semiconductor fabs, and contains several Scrum teams. Each team consists of software development engineers, tester, functional experts, product owner and scrum master.
As part of the software development team, help safeguard quality of delivered software by improving test approach and speeding up qualification of team deliverables.
You will be part of a team with 3-6 developers, a Scrum Master, Product Owner and functional domain expert. Your team will work together with around twenty other teams on building reliable solutions for our customers.
- Together with the team, co-determine test approach and create test specifications;
- Work with the team on testing across the product stack;
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities in test approach and implementation areas, particularly in areas of test automation and automation frameworks;
- Advise on test approach and improve existing automated tests, finding the right balance between test coverage and test duration, taking risk into consideration;.
- Develop and execute automated testing for assigned projects to successfully and consistently enable delivery of high-quality software products and services on time, and to specification;
- Submit issues for encountered problems and follow up on them. Investigate failures, perform root cause analysis, and utilize the internal defect tracking tool to create detailed, high quality defect reports;
- Introduce junior team members to appropriate test techniques. Improve knowledge of testing in your team;
- Suggest process/tooling improvements where necessary. Contribute to defining internal QA goals (evaluation of new tools, setting up new process for performance testing, creating/updating/delivering training to new hires).