Posted: 17th October 2019
Milwaukee, Wisconsin. United States
We are currently looking for a Quality Engineer to add to our team at Centare. In this role, you will guide and participate in the manual and automated testing of modern systems and advise clients on a quality approach for their organization. Projects on this team have included building several high profile websites, mobile applications, and desktop applications.
What You’ll Love:
- Becoming part of a team that is passionate about providing value to our clients
- Leveraging technology to the fullest extent to meet strategic goals and improve efficiencies
- Working directly with client stakeholders to understand, define, and analyze quality objectives, and translate these into actionable results
What You'll Do:
- Determine quality strategy and process improvements for clients
- Perform manual tests when appropriate within given constraints
- Grow your experience and expertise in software development quality, in order to be an advocate for quality on your team(s)
- Build and execute performance tests when applicable
- Play an active role in promoting quality throughout the full lifecycle of application development
- Prioritize and work towards delivering value for your team and client
- Transfer knowledge to client team members and act as an expert or coach as needed.
- Contribute to local technical user groups and blogs as desired
- Engage in the Centare culture through participation in team meetings and building relationships with your peers and managers
- Help others to grow and expand their skills and knowledge through mentoring, training, or other methods as appropriate
Who We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience in quality assurance and testing
- Demonstrable experience with testing and quality assurance approaches, such as: functional testing, regression testing, integration testing, performance testing, and security testing
- Demonstrable professional experience with test automation frameworks and tools (Postman, Selenium, Protractor, Jest, etc.)
- Experience with SQL Server, My SQL, or MongoDB
- A team-oriented outlook, with the ability to prioritize work
- A growth mindset, ready and willing to receive feedback and further your skillset
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact directly with non-technical client stakeholders and act in a business-to-technical translation role
- Interest in becoming an advocate for quality best practices
Who are we?
We’re passionate and multidimensional. We’re real people with real lives outside of our work. We believe everyone has knowledge to share. And we believe everyone has a few things to learn. We strive to be a strategic asset for our clients as they tackle challenges in their business and technology. We do this by investing in our staff. We develop and apply appropriate strategies to technology problems that help our clients build and maintain a competitive advantage.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts