Posted: 24th October 2019
Software Development Engineer in Test - SDET
Nottingham, East Midlands. United Kingdom
About the Job
Are you a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) looking for your next challenge?
Do you want a role with real autonomy, helping to improve the software test team’s effectiveness by building tools and small programs that allow them to find out more in less time in Games Workshop’s back office applications?
Are you excited by the challenge of using your technical and creative skills to understand what programs you could write to increase the test teams abilities to test software to greater depths and in shorter time frames?
Reporting to the Test Manager, you will be working with the test and development teams to understand where your skills can be leveraged in increasing the effectiveness of the test process, and documenting a catalogue of opportunities of tools and programs you could create across the whole of the back office applications. You’ll be responsible for investigating where tools written by you can be of value in the testing process and working with the test team to understand where tools could be created to help them in their day to day roles. The right candidate will bring a blend of technical, creative and analytical skills to the test team.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience in a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) role (desirable).
- Previous experience in software development and writing code.
- C# and .NET experience advantageous
- Excellent organisational skills as you may be working on a handful of projects at any one time.
- Be comfortable working at pace and seeing a project through to completion.
- Excellent communication skills as will be collaborating with developers, the testing team and business managers, bringing options to the table.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs.
Other Essential Information
Salary: Starting from £35,000, dependent on experience.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 10th November 2019
How to Apply
If you wish to apply you must send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video.
This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for. Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts