Posted: 10th January 2020
Gresham Technologies plc
Bristol, South West. United Kingdom
Do you have experience of Software Testing in financial services or perhaps have a background in finance and wanted to try your hand at testing? Are you looking for a new opportunity in 2020 to join a growing UK headquartered technology business?
We are looking for a Test Engineer to join our fantastic development team in Central Bristol.
You will be involved in designing and scoping features upfront, whilst identifying business risk. This will include involvement in kickoff, design & task breakdown with the whole development team.
Other responsibilities include:
Reviewing and contributing to stories and BDD scenarios produced by business analysts
Exploring the features and products during the development cycle
Raising defects where appropriate, providing concise, accurate reporting
Supporting regular releases with targeted smoke testing of key features
Demonstrating new features to internal personnel
Contributing to test automation, especially in scoping what to automate
Challenging assumptions and continuously improving our processes and quality practices
Focused on self-learning, dedicated to sharing knowledge and helping other team members grow as individuals, and within the team
- Experience of testing in complex financial systems
- Solid experience in web and/or API testing
- Experience of exploratory testing, understanding of how it adds value and how to report findings clearly
- An understanding of techniques such as BDD, TDD, Three Amigos, Example Mapping, Event Mapping
- An understanding of UX, UI, accessibility, performance and security testing
- Proficiency in selecting and using appropriate tools to aid testing, for example browser debugging tools, browser add-ons, Fiddler, Burp Suite etc
- Experience of test management, planning and estimation
- Expertise in the use and basic scripting in Windows and Linux
- Experience of relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle and writing associated SQL queries
- Experience of containerized applications such as docker.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy with a collaborative approach
- A preference for bug prevention over bug detection
- A passion for learning and sharing knowledge
- A pragmatic attitude and curiosity in everything that you do
- Along with a competitive salary we offer health, wealth and happiness benefits that you would typically associate with a FinTech organization
- A unique opportunity to help shape a rapidly growing global business
- A chance to apply all your prior experiences in a high-growth environment
- An opportunity to have fun and collaborate with the wider business and other stakeholders
The company is unable to provide any employment sponsorship for any associated immigration visa application. All successful candidates will be required to provide evidence of a right to work before they commence employment with us.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts