Posted: 24th September 2019
EventBoss - Event Organiser
Ministry of Testing
Manchester, Greater Manchester. United Kingdom
Full Time - Remote (UK based)
Ministry of Testing is a small, forward-thinking and growing company. You can read more about our story here.
We are looking for an experienced EventBoss (Event Manager) to deliver the planning and production of our software testing conference, TestBash. We currently run a TestBash in Brighton, Manchester, Netherlands, Australia, Germany, New Zealand and the USA. These events would be the main focus of the role.
TestBash is a single-track conference that brings 250-350 software testing/quality-focused IT professionals from all over the world to each edition. We also have workshop and training days before the conference days.
The ideal candidate will have a background in events organising, will be self-motivated as the position is remote. We require a full-time commitment, although we offer reasonable flexibility in working hours. Our ideal person would be seeking a long-term position to grow within the company and lead the organising of our global events.
We expect the applicant to be highly competent and organised, web-savvy, experienced with all aspects of creating fantastic events.
- Finding and booking venues in relation to the events, conference and socials
- Finding and securing deals with hotels close to the event location
- Finding and dealing with catering includes dietary requirements
- Configure and manage our ticketing system for the duration of the event
- Find and secure a local videographer for each TestBash event
- Finding and securing suppliers for the events
- Liaise with marketing to secure event sponsors and manage event marketing
- Liaise with our trainers and speakers
- Managing all communications between the venue and the vendors
- Creating a volunteer plan for the event and working with the wider team to secure volunteers
- Responding to email enquiries regarding the events
- Always be seeking ways to improve our processes, events to inspire our community to keep coming back
- Previous experience working as an event organiser/manager role
- Web-savvy. We use Emails, Slack, Google Docs, Dropbox, Trello, Intercom and much more
- Willingness and ability to travel to each event
- Organised / Diligent / Process Driven
- Desire to personally grow and expand
- Experience with Tito, our ticketing engine
- Experience of organising meetups
- Experience of organising in multiple countries
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for more work-life balance and who is interested in creating industry-leading events.
We are proud to be an ethical and diverse team and all staff and members of our community have to adhere to our Code of Conduct.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply by emailing email@example.com
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts