Posted: 26th April 2019
Shoreditch, London. United Kingdom
We’re building the best digital current account, and are looking for a pragmatic, product-oriented QA tester to help us balance speed with quality in the app updates we ship.
We need our iOS and Android apps to work as our users expect and meet their needs - but at the same time, strive towards our ambitious aims. We want to continue iterating rapidly, taking feedback from our community, and expanding the possibilities of what 21st century banking should be.
The key is to find the right balance between a perfect, polished app with no critical bugs while continuing to ship updates regularly.
You’ll be responsible for determining when new features are ready to release to our community of users. When testing a new feature, you will find dozens of small bugs, but you need to prioritise and decide which of them is critical and needs to be fixed immediately and which are less important right now.
It’s an exciting time to become a QA Tester at Monzo. As we rapidly grow quality becomes more complex so there is going to be some exciting challenges ahead. There’s a chance to do different types of testing in the future, including automation you’ll be able to develop your technical skills working closely with our Engineers.
Most of the time you’ll be:
- Testing new features to make sure things work as our users will expect
- Ensuring common user journeys are problem-free, smooth and clear
- Gauging how significant bugs are and making sure important bugs get fixed
- Finding workarounds for insignificant or rare bugs, so that our customer support team can advise those few users who may come across them
- Reproducing bugs reported by users and writing up crystal-clear bug reports for product teams to work from
You’ll work with our Product Managers to determine what needs testing and to understand development priorities; with the broader product engineering team to write specs and communicate bugs or unexpected behaviour; and with customer operations to be the first point of contact for bug reports and to keep them fully aware of every change made to the app.
You should apply if:
- You have experience testing mobile applications in a fast growth startup environment
- Your written communication skills are superb, especially around technical subjects
- You’re curious and interested in design and technology
- You are perseverant and detail-oriented
- You are deeply pragmatic and adept at prioritising: you understand the trade off between velocity and perfection
- You want to learn how great products are built
- You love finding ways to make processes more efficient.
We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts