Posted: 3rd April 2019
QA Automation Engineer
RS Energy Group
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania. United States
RS Energy Group is a data-driven organization specializing in the delivery of advanced analytics, research and data science to the most advanced investors and producers in the world. We work in an innovative, fast-paced and dynamic environment, with interdisciplinary teams focused on leveraging cutting-edge technology, data and machine learning to uncover unique investment ideas and provide solutions for producers. Headquartered in Calgary, we have offices in Houston, New York, Los Angeles and Philadelphia.
This is not your typical QA Analyst role - this is a technical position. Our company is looking for someone eager to help us improve our QA Automation processes by putting their programming skills to use. You will be expected to leverage the capabilities of our current testing framework, by working with developers and analysts in testing new features as a part of an Agile team.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop automated tests for validating the results of our ETL process. You will collaborate with Product Owners, Data Analysts and Developers on identifying software defects and validating fixes. You will help the QA team with designing and creating new automated test scripts and tools.
You must be comfortable with testing backend data and related data manipulation for our ETL process. You will perform regression, functional, technical and integration testing. You will be expected to identify where any of exploratory manual tests could be automated. The QA Team is constantly working together on improvements and you will be able to contribute with new ideas on how to refine our internal practices and collaborate with creating scripts and tools that are adding more value to our tests.
If you strive in a fast-paced environment where new features are released every day, this is a job for you!
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong programming skills in C# and SQL.
- Hands-on experience with Entity Framework, LINQ, SQL Databases, and a testing framework like NUnit or XUnit.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum.
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented with ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
Preferred, Not Required:
- Experience with deployment tools like Octopus Deploy or Azure DevOps Build Pipelines/Releases.
- Experience with TDD, continuous integration and code review
- Exposure to Scala and Spar
- Exposure to Python, Docker and .NET Core.
RS Energy Group offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and an unbeatable work environment. This is a great time to join our organization!
RS Energy Group is an equal opportunity employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people.
To learn more, please visit our website at www.rseg.com
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts