Posted: 9th September 2019
Upside Energy Ltd
Manchester, Manchester. United Kingdom
We are a growing technology start up and we need someone to help us with end-to-end solutions to our software quality problems. The role will play an important part in our product development process – you’ll be responsible for developing and executing exploratory and automated tests to ensure our Product runs smoothly and meets our Customers needs.
Our platform orchestrates a distributed fleet of electrical devices that can add or remove load from the power network (National Grid). These devices are broad in range and high in number. The cloud services consist of a number of containerised micro-services running on AWS. Most of the codebase is written in Java 8, with python and R used for rapid prototyping and statistical analysis tools.
Ultimately, we’re looking for a brilliant tester to help us define and shape our testing strategy for this Product; monitoring all stages of development to identify and resolve malfunctions to meet our quality standards.
- You will be the focal point for integration, end-to-end and performance testing activities
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a library of API’s using Postman, and using them to create component integration and end-to-end test flows
- Part of your role will include API performance testing using JMeter and Gatling
- Our customer console is a key part of our system so testing an Angular2 web application using Typescript Jasmine and Protractor will be required
- Participating in regular 3 amigos sessions
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development and quality assurance
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience with performance and/or security testing an advantage
- Solid knowledge and understanding of SQL and scripting
- A drive to get things done in a collaborative, agile development environment
Upside Energy is an award-winning UK startup. The energy system is going through dramatic change, and we are positioning Upside to be at the heart of enabling this transformation. We have ambitious plans for growing Upside with expansion into Europe and ultimately, globally.
We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every team member. We are fortunate to have an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, making Upside a great place to work.
Upside Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts