Data QA Engineer - Remote
Remote, REMOTE. Ireland
At Zyte (formerly Scrapinghub), we eat data for breakfast and you can eat your breakfast anywhere and work for Zyte. Founded in 2010, we are a globally distributed team of over 190 Zytans working from over 28 countries who are on a mission to enable our customers to extract the data they need to continue to innovate and grow their businesses. We believe that all businesses deserve a smooth pathway to data
For more than a decade, Zyte has led the way in building powerful, easy-to-use tools to collect, format, and deliver web data, quickly, dependably, and at scale. And today, the data we extract helps thousands of organisations make smarter business decisions, secure competitive advantage, and drive sustainable growth.
About the Job:
Due to growing business and the need for ever more sophisticated QA, we are looking for a talented QA Engineer with both automated and manual test experience to join our team. You will take automated, semi-automated, and manual approaches and apply them in the verification and validation of data quality. Although Python is our preferred language for automation; demonstrable experience of automating things in other languages is welcome. And while we are primarily interested in the quality assurance of data, your experience in testing applications, systems, UIs, APIs etc. will be brought to bear on the role.
- Understand customer web scraping and data requirements; translate these into test approaches that include exploratory manual/visual testing and any additional automated tests deemed appropriate.
- Provide input to our existing test automation frameworks from points of view of test coverage, performance, etc.
- Ensure that project requirements are testable; work with project managers and/or clients to clarify ambiguities before QA begins.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end QA process in newly-started projects.
- Work under minimal supervision and collaborate effectively with Head of QA, Project Managers, and Developers to realize your QA deliverables.
- Draw conclusions about data quality by producing basic descriptive statistics, summaries, and visualisations.
- Proactively suggest and take ownership of improvements to QA processes and methodologies by employing other technologies and tools, including but not limited to: browser add-ons, Excel add-ons, UI-based test automation tools etc.
- Demonstrable programming knowledge and experience, minimum of 3 years (please provide code samples in your application, via a link to GitHub or other publicly-accessible service).
- Minimum 3 years in a Software Test, Software QA, or Software Development role, in Agile, fast-paced environment and projects.
- Solid grasp of web technologies and protocols (HTML, XPath, JSON, HTTP, CSS etc.); experience in developing tests against HTTP/REST APIs.
- Ability to formulate basic to intermediate SQL queries; comfortable with at least one RDBMS and its utilities
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts
By clicking "Subscribe" you agree to be contacted by us under these Mailing List Terms