Several different approaches have become hot topics in the Software Testing community. Hopefully, Exploratory Testing has not gone unnoticed!
Exploratory Testing is an approach where a tester freely explores the system with intent, creatively and critically, learning continuously throughout the process and using that insight to perform and leverage additional testing.
The Xray Exploratory App (XEA) streamlines the process of exploratory testing by giving you the tools to capture evidence and easily share your insights. XEA eases the process of documentation so you can cover more untested code, discover new testing scenarios, and find hard to catch bugs. Features:
- Create a test session or “test charter” to track your time
- Record videos, make screenshots, take notes and do annotations
- Test web, desktop or even mobile-based applications
- Use as a standalone desktop app or integrate with Xray and Jira
- Export testing sessions to PDF or directly to your Test Runs in Xray
What you’ll learn
By the end of this masterclass, you'll be able to:
- Explain what software testing is
- Explain what Exploratory Testing is
- Recognise you can automate tasks with Xray Exploratory App
- Share your findings with the whole team and track coverage in Jira with Xray Exploratory App
Solution Architect and Testing Advocate
Sergio Freire is a Solution Architect and Testing Advocate, working closely with many teams worldwide from distinct yet highly demanding sectors (Automotive, Health, and Telco among others) to help them achieve great, high-quality, testable products. By understanding how organizations work, their needs, context and background, processes and quality can be improved, while development and testing can "merge" towards a common goal: provide the best product that stakeholders need.