Discussion - The Future of Test Cases
Join Kim Nepata, Bedford West and Caleb Crandall as they discuss 'The Future of Test Cases'. They discussed the following questions:
- What's the first thought that comes to your mind when you are thinking about the future of test cases?
- How would you go about convincing a CTO that your team can get by without test cases?
- What processes do you suggest to use other than test cases?
- If you're not using test cases how are you tracking your test activities? Followup, how do you know when you are done testing?
- How do you manage test coverage without test cases?
- Test cases contain step-by-step of how to get the feature to even work. Where does that info go instead of a test case?
- Is there an FAQ to give to those that have concerns about moving away from test cases?
- What do you think is a good split between writing and the activity of test cases? I find there are many times where it takes double the time writing than doing.
- One pro and one con of test cases?
- Our test cases grow rapidly when new features come in. How can we manage those sets of cases. How does your team manage this?
- How do you handle regression testing with or without test cases?
- Is it fair to say that Acceptance Criteria si the substitute of test cases?
- How does your team transition from using test cases to this new process, it might be big change in their testing process for some
What you’ll learn
By the end of this talk, you'll be able to:
Senior Business Analysis
Head of Test Engineering
Senior Software Engineer in Test