What You'll Learn
By the end of this workshop you'll be able to:
- Use a diff tool to evaluate approval test failures and approve new results when appropriate.
- Use the Approvals framework to write test cases for existing code where a Printer already exists.
- Compare Approval testing with assertion-based testing and explain in which situations it has advantages.
- Describe Text-based and Pixel-based approaches.
- Describe the characteristics of Approval Testing.
About This Workshop
- The expected result is hard to calculate in advance, but easy to verify afterwards.
- The expected result has many aspects and details which are a lot of work to assert individually.
- You want to get high regression test coverage for existing code relatively quickly.
This workshop has been designed to be attended live. If you can’t make the scheduled time, it will stay available to replay in CrowdCast for 7 days. To get the most out of it, we highly recommend you attend it live!
Technical Agile Coach
Emily is a long-term proponent of agile development practices like Test-Driven Development, and is one of the pioneers of the professional developer teaching forum called ”Coding Dojo”. Emily is an author with Pluralsight, a contributor to the book “97 things every Java programmer should know”, and a regular conference speaker.