February 1st 2021 - February 3rd 2021
WebdriverIO, a custom implementation of Selenium's WebDriver API, is written in Node.js and gets you running in minutes with Web and Native Mobile automation. It allows you to scale up your test suite while maintaining your execution time by running tests in parallel. It has a lot of features and a supportive community that is ideal for small and large projects as well as testing modern frameworks such as Angular, React and Vue.js.
Note that this training is hands-on, and you will be able to follow along. Activities will be given to implement and practice so that you fully understand the different concepts.
In this hands-on training, you will be guided through learning how to set up, run and maintain a stable WebdriverIO project from beginner to the advanced level.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the WebdriverIO framework
- Explain how WebdriverIO can be useful for your projects
- Implement the different features of WebdriverIO
- Run beginner to advanced testing scenarios with WebdriverIO
- Integrate your WebdriverIO tests into a CI/CD pipeline with Gitlab
- Integrate Cucumber with WebdriverIO
- Use WebdriverIO with Applitools for Visual Regression Testing
When is this training happening?
This 3 Days training will start at 1:00 PM (UTC +0) on the 1st of February 2021 and will run for 8 hours each day until 9:00 PM (UTC +0) on the 3rd of February 2021. To check these timings in your own timezone, we recommend using this Timezone Converter.
How much are the tickets?
Tickets are available in 3 different tiers: Super Early Bird, Early Bird and Standard. Each tier is limited to 8 tickets, so make sure you get yours now to get the best price, once they're gone, they're gone!
- Super Early Bird - £700
- Early Bird - £800
- Standard - £900
To purchase your ticket, scroll down the page and click 'Register Now' to head over to our ticketing system.
I still have credit with MoT, how can I use it?
If you have credit with Ministry of Testing and would like to use it to purchase a ticket for Hands On WebdriverIO? Get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your previous booking details and we will send you a booking link.
The first day of the training lays the foundation for the following days and activities that you will do. You will learn:
- How to SetUp Dependencies and Resources needed to run WebdriverIO
- Undestand and implement Page Object Models
- What is Chai and how it can be used
- What is Mocha and how it can be used especially its hooks to make testing efficient
- How to interact with elements and use element states using WebdriverIO
- Useful WebdriverIO Actions such as click, using keyboard and mouse input, scroll to an element, working with iframes and new tabs as well as doing drag and drop
- Interacting with Components using WebdriverIO - selecting from drop down menus and browser alerts
- Benefits of wait strategies and how to implement them
This day builds on from what you have learnt on day 1. At the end of day 2, you will learn how to make your test more efficient and work for you. You will learn:
- Writing and Making Tests Efficient
- Grouping tests by suites
- Data-driven test with webdriverIO
- Adding environments and base URL’s
- Debug Command
- Setting screen size
- Custom Commands
- Execute Command
- Crossbrowser and Multiple device testing - complete setup and explanation
- Internet Explorer
- Using Cucumber BDD with WebdriverIO
- Visual Regression Testing with WebdriverIO and Applitools
- Add tests to a Gitlab CI
- Guided exercise - Ecommerce Website Automation Scenario that ties in all that you have learnt
Julia Pottinger is a Lead QA Consultant at QualityWorks with expertise in manual, automated and API testing and training which has helped companies enhance the quality of their software through improved test coverage, faster time to market, increased process efficiency and optimized use of resources.
Julia is passionate about sharing her knowledge and experience and contributes to the testing community through writing articles, and delivering testing content on Test Automation University as well as her Youtube Channel and blog. She also conducts testing bootcamps for persons interested in entering the field of QA.