TestBash season is in full swing with all TestBash Software Testing Conferences now on sale! This month, TestBash Netherlands took place in a new venue and all the awesome talks from this event will be available on the Dojo very soon.
A few selected discussions from The Club that we thought you might find interesting.
- Global Resources for Mental Health Awareness and Support posted by heather_reid. The community is putting together a list of resources by region for mental health awareness and support, add useful resources you've found or explore the ones already there.
- How to organise test cases for configurable application posted by gabrijela. When you have a product that has multiple versions with different configurations for each client, how do you structure your test cases?
- Power Hour - Test Cases & Scenarios posted by gasparnagy. Gáspár spent over an hour answering a whole range of questions on The Club, check out the replies and add your own.
- Best Advice You Have Received as a Tester? posted by pniroula. From who is responsible for quality to how to report your findings, what's the best advice you have received?
- Power Hour - Dive into Browser Developer Tools with Alan Richardson and Viv Richards posted by alan. Add ons, Twitter accounts, tools, courses, YouTube videos, Github repos, and more, this is a thread every tester needs to read!
The Club Ninja
Each month we select one of our Club users to be our Ninja of the Month. Our Club Ninja this month is Faith Roberts.
Flux Federation Sponsor Tickets for TestBash New Zealand
We are excited to announce that Flux Federation have signed up as Gold sponsors and have chosen to sponsor 3 people to attend TestBash New Zealand.
Tickets to TestBash, Our Software Testing Conference, in New Zealand Are Now on Sale
We’re super excited to announce that our TestBash New Zealand lineup is live. We can’t wait to welcome you to Te Papa, Wellington for our very first conference in New Zealand. We have a few surprises up our sleeve.
Our SSL Certificate Expired, oOps!
I’m usually a late waker, I don’t do mornings, however this morning I had to be up to take a family member to the airport for 7 am. I reluctantly wake up at 6.40am and reach for my phone to see what is going on in the world, my usual routine, just less awake on this occasion! My Slack and the MoT Twitter are on fire with news of the site being down, and a few more accurate tweets regarding the cause being our SSL certificate had expired. I’m wide awake now! It’s 6.45am.
TestBash San Francisco 2019 Tickets Are Live!
That’s right, tickets to our software testing conference, TestBash, in San Francisco are now on sale. We’re heading back for a two-day single-track conference on November 6-7, 2019. Once again, we have an exciting lineup with a truly diverse range of speakers and topics.
Here are the superb talks from TestBash Brighton and other awesome new content and curations from The Dojo this May:
- An unmissable Masterclass with Aaron Hodder on Inclusive Collaboration. In this Masterclass, Aaron covered everything from mental health, to how to support your team. How to hire a neurodiverse workforce and the benefits of doing so.
- All the talks from TestBash Essentials, this new conference was designed to provide an introduction to the world of software testing for those that are newer to testing:
- The Testbasher's Survival Guide To The Galaxy - Martin Hynie
- Test All the Things with the Periodic Table of Testing - Ady Stokes
- Understanding Your Domain: Research for Testing - Melissa Eaden
- Learning to Ask for Testability - Nicola Owen
- Spying On Your Application: How To Be a Super Sleuth Tester - Hilary Weaver-Robb
- Moving from Gui to Api Testing: Challenges Faced & Lessons Learnt - Shivani Gaba
- Normal, Mean, and Deviant: Basic Statistics for Testing - Amber Race
- Exploratory Testing with the Team, a Journey Worth Taking - Maaike Brinkhof
- 99 Second Talks - TestBash Essentials Brighton 2019
- All The Talks from TestBash Brighton 2019:
- On the Path to CI/CD - Michele Campbell
- Continuous Performance Testing Through the Users’ Eyes - João Rosa Proença
- How to Plan and Define Your Continuous Deployment Pipeline - Patxi Gortázar
- Changing Testing Culture in a Ginormous Company - Jim Holmes
- Owning Your Craft - Mike Smith
- Practicalities of Building Communities at Scale - Lindsay Strydom & Gareth Waterhouse
- Cross-team Pair Testing: Lessons of a Testing Traveler - Elisabeth Hocke
- The Surprising Benefits of Exploring Other Disciplines and Industries - Conor Fitzgerald
- United by Security: The Test that Divides Us - Jahmel Harris & Claire Reckless
- Combating Bias with Heuristics of Diversity - Ash Coleman
- Continuous Performance Testing - Eric Proegler
- Rise of the Guardians: Testing Machine Learning Algorithms 101 - Patrick Prill
- What Can I Learn from Autism as a Tester - Matthew Parker
- 99 Second Talks - TestBash Brighton 2019
- A new TestBash Playlists series: 'It's OK' TestBash Talks Mental Health:
- Don't be a Superhero - Ali Hil
- AUT: Anxiety Under Test - Gem Hill
- Mental Health as a Tester - David Williams
- I Have A Secret - Anusha Nirmalananthan
- Be Excellent to Each Other - Christopher Chant
- The Anxious Tester - Chris Kelly
- The Fraud Squad - Learning to manage Impostor Syndrome as a Tester - Claire Reckless
- Do Testers Need a Thick Skin? Or Should We Admit We’re Simply Human? – Nicola Sedgwick
- Have You Tried...? with Gem Hill
June Online Events
Testing Ask Me Anything - Shift Left, Shift Right - Marcus Merrell
We have a new Ask Me Anything live webinar on Tuesday 11th June at 8 pm UK time. This time we're talking about Shift Left, Shift Right.
The Shift Left/Shift Right movements, much more than mere buzzwords, seek to "smooth out" the big testing hump that blocks releases, moving testing resources earlier and later in the SDLC. This gives you a more stable, predictable, and confident release process, and removes a lot of the mystery and uncertainty from the process of delivering value to your customers.
Once you've registered you could ask Marcus any question you might have, here are a few more examples:
- We've all heard of Shift Left, but how do you define Shift Right?
- What's the biggest barrier preventing dev teams from shifting the test process to the left/right?
- What do you think will be the next big leap, enabling this shift? Will it be in tooling? Culture? Education?
Detroit Meetup Online - Being a trusted advisor as a tester with Elizabeth Fiennes
26th June at 11.45pm UK Time. Testers are called on to give advice or information daily as part of their role. How can do we do that in a way that is in the best interest of our team and product without our natural bias getting in the way? Leveraging the concept of the trusted adviser is one solution to this.
Just a quick sneak peek at what events are coming up in the next few months
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Shift Left, Shift Right - Marcus Merrell - Tuesday 11th June at 8pm UK Time
- Detroit Meetup Online - Being a trusted advisor as a tester - Elizabeth Fiennes - Wednesday 26th June at 11.45pm UK Time
- London Tester Gathering Workshops - 3 days - Wednesday 26th - Friday 28th June 2019 - Super Early Bird Tickets on Sale!
- TestBash Germany - 2 days - Thursday 12th - Friday 13th September 2019 - Early Bird Tickets on Sale!
- TestBash Manchester - 2 days - Wednesday 2nd - Thursday 3rd October 2019 - Early Bird Tickets on Sale!
- Test.bash(); - 1 day - Friday 4th October 2019 - Early Bird Tickets on Sale!
- TestBash Australia - 2 days - Thursday 24th - Friday 25th October 2019 - Super Early Bird Tickets on Sale until 14th June!
- TestBash New Zealand - 1 day - Tuesday 29th October 2019 - Super Early Bird Tickets on Sale until 21st June!
- TestBash San Francisco - 2 days - Wednesday 6th - Thursday 7th November 2019 - Super Early Bird Tickets on Sale until 28th June!
Lets keep in touch. Subscribe to our Newsletter