TL:DR On 26-29th September 2018 TestBash Manchester and the first Test.bash(); are happening in Manchester, UK. Super Early Bird tickets are on sale, so register now and save!
This will be the third year for TestBash in Manchester, and the last two years have both sold out, so please bear that in mind if you are interested in attending this year. We don’t want you to miss out!
This year’s event is bigger than ever with a total of six days of TestBash if you attend all the things!
Day 1-3: Pre-Training
We start the week on Monday, 24th September with the three-day ‘Automation in Testing’ course with Richard Bradshaw and Mark Winteringham. This workshop sold out at TestBash Brighton and received great feedback, so we’re offering it again! You can read all about the course over on The Dojo. The course starts from £1200 (Super Early Bird) inc VAT.
Day 3: Workshops
Next, it’s the workshop day on Wednesday, 26th September. We have six half-day workshops for you to attend. All six workshops have lots to offer and are run by experts in our craft. We are also very happy to have six, awesome, female instructors at this event and encourage more women in the community to submit workshop proposals to us… we are actively looking for you! We only achieved 25% female workshop instructors last year at all TestBashes and this is something we are focussing on changing.
- Coaching Skills To Unlock The Potential Tester In Everyone with Toby Sinclair
- Clean Coding Practices for Test Automation with Angie Jones
- Exploratory Testing 101 with Karo Stoltzenburg and Tracey Baxter
- Connecting the Dots - Empowering People Through Play with Nicola Sedgewick and Christina Ohanian
- Have Some Cake With Your Frosting: Testing Both the UI and API Layers with Hilary Weaver-Robb
- Life's a Riot with Stubs, Fakes, Spies and Mocks with Ash Winter and Chris Chant
Places are strictly limited for all the workshops, so don’t delay in booking, and when you do book, be sure to make your selections ASAP!
Day 4: TestBash Manchester
Thursday, 27th September is TestBash day, a single track conference focused on testing/quality with nine fantastic talks. There will be 250 attendees eager to learn about all things testing/quality. We put in a lot of work to create our TestBash lineups, ensuring to focus on a balance of topics, diversity and speaker experience. This thinking in this instance has lead to this fantastic lineup!
- Jedi Mind Tricks for Testers with Alexandra Schladebeck and Huib Schoots
- The Final Frontier? Testing in Production with Marcel Gehlen and Benjamin Hofmann
- The Bittersweetness of Security Testing with Anne Oikarinen
- Coaching Software Testing Using the GROW Model with Jose Lima
- The tester’s 3 Cs: Criticism, Communication and Confidence with Dorothy Graham
- Website Localization Sounds Simple, but It Is Not with Dennis Nerush
- Recruiting for Potential with Lena Wiberg
- Mapping Biases to Testing with Maaike Brinkhof
- Thunderstruck by Serverless - a Tale of Learning and Testing Microservices with Conall Bennett
Day 5: Test.bash();
Test.bash(); is a new addition to Manchester and to Ministry of Testing, it will take place on Friday, 28th September. We’ve never done a targeted bash before, but after getting requests for more technical talks, we listened, and are experimenting! Test.bash(); is taking on the same format as TestBash, but all the talks are focused on ‘technical testing’ and automation. We hope this new addition provides some real value to the testing community. Here are the fantastic speakers of the inaugural Test.bash();.
- Scalable XCUITests within iOS Pipelines with Shashikant Jagtap
- Digging In: Getting Familiar With The Code To Be A Better Tester with Hilary Weaver-Robb
- You Can Become a Toolsmith Too with Matthew Bretten
- What's that Smell? Tidying Up Our Test Code with Angie Jones
- Mobile Test Automation at the BBC: Then, Now and Next with Jit Gosai
- Of Spies, Fakes and Friends - Help Your Code Lead a Double Life with Rabea Gleissner
- Pipeline Architectures to Fit Your Software Architecture with Abby Bangser
- Two more to come!
Day 6: Open Space
We end the week with an Open Space on Saturday, 29th September. Since doing our first Open Space at TestBash Manchester 2016, we’ve added Open Spaces to TestBash Germany and Brighton due to the high praise the community had for the format. For those not familiar with Open Spaces, we’ve elaborated on the format over at The Dojo. Briefly, it’s a great way to get a bespoke conference that meets your needs and fits your context as the whole Open Space is designed by the attendees on the day!
We’ve created a number of options for this TestBash Manchester week. We’ve packaged up Workshops + TestBash + Test.bash(); from £849 (Super Early Bird), as well as TestBash and Test.bash(); from £549 (Super Early Bird). Plus you can buy TestBash or Test.bash(); as a single day. All the options and pricing tiers are available on the purchasing site.
So, there you have it! It’s going to be an epic six days, I really hope you can play a play part in TestBash Manchester. Be it as an attendee, a sponsor, a viewer of the recordings on The Dojo or helping Ministry of Testing spread the news of what promises to be a sensational event.
Lets keep in touch. Subscribe to our Newsletter