The Return of The UnExpo - Call For Stands
The UnExpo, our attendee-driven expo, is back at TestBash Brighton on Friday 5th April 2019! We want you to get involved and connect with the community by designing and running a stand. It doesn’t matter if you’re new to TestBash or have been there from the very beginning, anyone can run a stand at the UnExpo; we all have something to share and much to learn from one another.
UnExpo Awesomeness Last Year
If you were at TestBash Brighton last year, we don’t need to tell you how brilliant the UnExpo experiment was and what amazing conversations took place during it. For those who missed it, here’s the Full UnExpo report and some lovely feedback from the Twitterverse.
It were great! Got me thinking about lots of different stuff and practising my testing skills!— James Sheasby Thomas (@RightSaidJames) March 17, 2018
Are There Any Changes To The UnExpo?
Based on the feedback we received from attendees, we're tweaking the UnExpo format for the better:
- There will be even more poster stands than last year so more of you can get involved in sharing your work, thoughts, hobbies, ideas, research or even just introducing yourself to the community.
- All booked stands will run all day during the breaks and lunch of TestBash, rather than switching poster presenters each break. This gives you the chance to showcase your stand to everyone at TestBash and means your poster gets the attention it deserves.
- There will be a limited number of stands that are reserved for folks inspired by TestBash to sign up to on the day, these will rotate each break keeping the UnExpo fresh.
What Topic Can I Run A Stand On?
You can run a stand on anything you like! Think eureka moments, latest conundrums, day to day life as a tester, professional development ideas or interesting debates among the community. You’ll have a room full of testers to share your ideas with and, in return, you’ll be able to pick their brains too!
Here are some stands that were run last year to give you inspiration:
- Lateral thinking puzzles
- Co-design a performance testing strategy
- Help me get my first software testing job
- Self-care and testing
- My lessons learned running a test community of practice
- Learning buddies
Do I Need to Create A Poster In Advance?
No, we’ll provide everything you need to create your poster on the day of TestBash; all the Sharpie colours, paints, stickers, poster paper etc. Your poster can be as simple or as complex as you like, the only purpose of the poster is to generate discussion, to gather feedback or both! Artistic talent is not required.
How Do I Book A Stand?
It’s easy to book a stand, all you need is an idea and to fill in this very short form.
We look forward to hearing all your stand ideas and hope to see you at the UnExpo!
TestBash Brighton Team