In this course you will learn about text-based approval testing using the "Approvals" tool.
Max 100 attendees
unit-testing, test-design, technical-testing, regression-testing, developer-tools, automation, agile
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of Approval Testing.
- Describe Text-based and Pixel-based approaches.
- Compare Approval testing with assertion-based testing and explain in which situations it has advantages.
- Use the Approvals framework to write test cases for existing code where a Printer already exists.
- Use a diff tool to evaluate approval test failures and approve new results when appropriate.
- The expected result is hard to calculate in advance, but easy to verify afterwards.
- The expected result has many aspects and details which are a lot of work to assert individually.
- You want to get high regression test coverage for existing code relatively quickly.
Meet the Instructor
Technical Agile Coach
Emily is a long-term proponent of agile development practices like Test-Driven Development, and is one of the pioneers of the professional developer teaching forum called ”Coding Dojo”. Emily is an author with Pluralsight, a contributor to the book “97 things every Java programmer should know”, and a regular conference speaker.