Essentials - Introduction to Software Development and Testing
About This Course
Welcome to the Introduction to Software Development and Testing course, part of the Ministry of Testing's Essentials online learning pathway.
Starting out in software testing can be challenging; not only do you need to learn the necessary skills and knowledge to be a tester but you also need to understand how this fits into the wider context of software development. There are many processes, activities and roles to get to grips with and that’s what this course will help you with.
This course gives you an introduction to both software development and testing and it aims to provide meaning and context to industry-specific terms that can act as a barrier to those just getting started. Throughout the course, you'll gain a grounding in the purpose of software testing and the skills and knowledge you'll need to succeed as a tester. This course offers you a solid starting point for your learning journey into testing.
What You'll Learn:
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Use terms that relate specifically to software development and testing
- Understand the common roles, process and activities in software development
- Describe what the purpose of software testing is
- Identify skills and knowledge a tester needs to succeed in software development
- Decide whether or not software testing is a role for you
- Develop your learning journey into testing
Who's This Course For:
This course is designed for absolute beginners to both software development and software testing. They are looking for a place to start to help introduce themes to common terminology, skills and practices in both software development and software testing.