The Building Blocks of the Internet - Mark Winteringham
About This Course
Welcome to the Building Blocks of the Internet, a six-part course that looks at the fundamental technologies that make up websites and web pages. This course gives those who are new to web technologies an introduction to the following:
- Network protocols focussed on HTTP
- Network protocol security
You will learn what these technologies are, how they work and how to test them. So you can:
- Work with these technologies to build your own testing project.
- Quickly analyse web pages and test individual parts of a site.
- Understand the underlying principles of the web that are used not just for web pages but in popular automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver.
Resources you'll use throughout this course:
- Atom: a text editing tool.
- WC3 Validator: This validator checks the markup validity of web documents.
The course is 45 minutes long and packed with 3-4 hours worth of exercises for you to try out!