Weekly Newsletter: What is the first thing you ever tested?
This newsletter is kindly supported by Vornex
Temporal testing is critical for date sensitive business rules such as insurance rates, billing, and enrollment. Efficient time travel testing can increase your test coverage, accelerate development, and improve software quality. Read our whitepaper to learn the 5 ways to time travel software!
All Things Ministry of Testing
- Exploring Requirements with a Tester’s Mindset - Janet Gregory is running this 99-Minute workshop on Wednesday at 6pm UK time, to give you different dimensions to consider for quality requirements.
- Accessibility Testing Ask Me Anything - Join us on Tuesday at 8pm UK time to ask all your accessibility questions.
- MoT Podcast - Mark meets Valentin Guerlesquin - The two reflect on COVID-19 testing and what the challenges of testing for the virus can teach us about the challenges we have in software testing.
- Testing Web Services and APIs - Join Mark Winteringham for this training day on the 11th January. Learn about Web services and APIs and how to test them.
- Testers' Island Discs Ep41 - Angela Riggs - They talk about building QA departments within an organisation: how to get buy-in for change, what can you do if you’re short of budget or people, and how to make quality a part of your company’s culture.
- What is the first thing you ever tested? - Can you remember what you first tested?
- Test ideas for testing a percent calculation formula - Have you any experience testing this sort of calculation? Can you help?
Community News & Podcasts
- How Slow Is Too Slow to Run Your Tests? - Are your tests running too slow compared to others?
- Getting started with the Open API Specification - Get to grips with a basic, but functional schema.
- Generating useful date values for testing purposes - If you need to generate date values for your tests, this post will help you do just that.
99-Minute Workshops - December
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop.
- Leading a Test Automation Strategy - Join Dana Aonofriesei at 12pm UK Time - 7th December
- Exploring Requirements with a Tester’s Mindset - Join Janet Gregory at 6pm UK Time - 9th December
- Property-based Testing in Java - Join Mike Solomon at 6am UK Time - 11th December
- RiskStorming Online - Join Beren Van Daele at 12pm UK Time - 14th December
- How to Solve Integration Issues with Contract Testing - Join Roman Segador at 6pm UK Time - 16th December
Posts selected from our business feed
- Tech Talk: How to Become an Appium Desktop Ninja, Chapter 1 - Wim Selles provides you with the foundational knowledge to get started with Appium Desktop.
- Testing for DevOps Pipelines: Understanding the Code Stage - It’s much easier to course-correct in the coding phase of development.
- How I ran 100 UI tests in just 20 seconds - The benefits of Applitools Ultrafast Grid.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Accessibility - 8pm UK Time - 8th December 2020
- Testing Web Services and APIs - 1 day - 11th January 2021
- Masterclass - Designing Test Cases Focused on the User Experience - 8pm UK Time - 12th January 2021
- Hands on WebdriverIO - 3 days - 1st - 3rd February 2021
Things You Might Have Missed
Articles and posts on Security, Accessibility and Automation from around the web.
- Bug Allowed Hackers to Get Anyone’s Email Address on Xbox Live - Microsoft patched a bug that allowed hackers to reveal the email address used to register any Xbox gamertag.
- Volunteering my phone to research Covid-19 while I sleep - Would you volunteer the power of your phone?
- Scammers stole millions last Christmas. These six tips could keep you safe online this time around - NCSC issues advice for online shoppers as cyber criminals gear up to take advantage of the busiest time of year for retail purchases.
- More Accessible Skeletons - Many skeleton patterns do a poor job presenting themselves to screen reader users in any meaningful way.
- An introduction to cypress testing - Online, Atlanta
- Evan Niedojadlo, Testing in Site Reliability Engineering: A Testing Mindset - Online, Boston