99-Minute Workshops, the brand new addition to Ministry of Testing’s learning platform available only to our Pro Members.
Our short, instructor-led, workshops are the perfect way to explore and experiment with new ideas, keep updated with new tools and approaches to testing. Broadening your understanding of what it means to be a valuable member of a modern software development team.
Mocks and Testability
Most of the time, when we develop software, we rely on third-party services to accomplish a certain outcome so that we don’t have to re-invent the wheel. This is where mocks can come in handy.
At the end of Ali's workshop, you will be able to:
- identify software integration problems that are solvable with mocks,
- outline how mocks work in an end to end context and
- setup a project that uses "mockserver" to replace the integration with a 3rd party system.
Join Ali Haydar's workshop on the 13th of November 2020 at 12 PM (New Zealand Time).
For more information on the 99-Minute Workshops click here.
What You'll Learn
By the end of this workshop you'll be able to:
- Identify software integration problems that are solvable with mocks.
- Outline how mocks work in an end to end context.
- Setup a project that uses "mockserver" to replace the integration with a 3rd party system.
About This Workshop
A software engineer and lifelong learner. I strongly believe that good software is built through good collaboration and communication, and hence I am a big fan of the DevOps ways of working. I had the opportunities to work in multiple roles in the software industry, starting with testing, development, product/project management. I love technology in general, and enjoy learning about new tools that make the engineers' lives easier.