99-Minute Workshops, the brand new addition to Ministry of Testing’s learning platform available only to our Pro Members.
Our short, instructor-led, workshops are the perfect way to explore and experiment with new ideas, keep updated with new tools and approaches to testing. Broadening your understanding of what it means to be a valuable member of a modern software development team.
There's no U in Coach
Explore some of the more common coaching methods in this interactive and fun workshop with Lindsay Strydom and Gareth Waterhouse on the 24th of August 2020 at 12 PM (UK Time).
After this workshop, you will be able to
- Examine the difference between coaching and mentoring
- Describe the responsibilities of a coach and coachee in a coaching relationship
- Identify the difference between open and closed questions
- Name some different coaching frameworks
- Identify which framework is most appropriate for a given scenario
- Use these frameworks in practice coaching sessions
- Reflect on how you could use these frameworks in your team setting
For more information on the 99-Minute Workshops click here.
What You'll Learn
By the end of this workshop you'll be able to:
Examine the difference between coaching and mentoring
Describe the responsibilities of a coach and coachee in a coaching relationship
Identify the difference between open and closed questions
Name some different coaching frameworks
Identify which framework is most appropriate for a given scenario
Use these frameworks in practice coaching sessions
Reflect on how you could use these frameworks in your team setting
About This Workshop
Lead QA Engineer
Seasoned QA with a decade of experience, father of two and Sunderland fan (please don't hold that against us). Regularly attends QA/Testing meetups and has given numerous presentations at meetups. Always looking at ways to develop others. Regularly blog about things that I think may be of interest.