It's Simon here with a roundup of what's been happening in the testing community. Let's go! 🛵
- Use this handy oracle to support your next accessibility testing session. What is Motion Sensitivity? How to Design Accessible Web Animations by Elizabeth Meshioye.
- I'm excited about all the behind-the-scenes preparations for 30 Days of AI in Testing. Throughout March, a member of team MoT will post a new daily task on The Club forum. The aim of the 30 days is to enhance your understanding of AI in Testing. Reply, share your thoughts, ask questions, seek advice, or offer support to others. It's a brilliant way to collectively learn with the community.
- Ron Wilson explores Generative AI in Software Development and Testing.
- Need a quick way to get a head start with Appium. Check out Hanan Rehman's GitHub project. Kudos to Hanan for documenting his adventures.
- Help shape the exciting first episode! A familiar friend (or foe?) turns up out of the blue to cause unforeseen problems. Management seeks answers while pressure builds to deliver the goods. The team catch a break. Join The Testing Planet - Episode One: The Companion. 🪐
- It's now possible to quickly see solutions to common automation challenges. We've enabled the ability to mark a The Club topic as "solved". Handy if you're working your way through a MoT Certification in Test Automation, get stuck and ask a question.
- Oak National Academy, ustwo and Chetwood Financial are hiring. Check out the MoT Jobs board to apply for software testing jobs.
- It's heartwarming to see many community members gather around to help someone facing a difficult moment in their career. If you're feeling stuck, ask for help.
- "A limitation in GitHub Actions, despite being completely workable, made us question whether it would be better to change our CI tool." Rodrigo Matola explores several Continuous Integration (CI) tools and shares the pros and cons of each.
- Callum celebrates LGBTQIA+ engineers in history, with his message and blog post, I Am Proud.
- Should we retract testing content? An interesting question from Stefan Papusoi. 🤔
- There's still time to put yourself forward for TestBash Brighton. What role could you take on? The deadline is Wednesday 14th of February.
- We've got a couple of options to join the next Test Exchange, one in February and one in March. The Test Exchange is an opportunity to gather, get to know each other and explore ways of helping us all on our journey of advancing our software testing career. Find them on the events page.
- Karen Todd, aka Karen Tests Stuff, shares her gratitude for the testing community. ❤️
- In his article, Rahul Parwal discusses various ways to break through the barriers preventing the resolution of irreproducible bugs. He explores the art and science of debugging elusive issues with tools, techniques, and a healthy dose of determination. Taming The Beast Of Irreproducible Bugs: Finding Opportunities in Chaos. 🐞
- "Don’t underestimate your ability as a change agent. The secret is to find your allies." What DevOps culture means to me – and how you can help it grow by Lisa Crispin.
- Liza Nikalayevich would like to know, how do you handle Beta feedback from App Store Connect and Google Play Console?
- Adam Foy would like to learn from testers who report to non-QA Line Managers.
Have a good week.
Gather with the testing community. Join an event.
📖 Industry News
- Integration testing: A guide to the most confusing portion of the test pyramid – Nick Moore
- Software Testing In Regulated Industries – Chris Faraglia
- Autoethnographic research made me look at testing from a new angle – Jenna Charlton
- This Week in Testing Fri 16 Feb
- Test Exchange Thu 22 Feb
- This Week in Testing Fri 23 Feb
- 30 Days of AI in Testing Fri 01 Mar - Sun 31 Mar
- Test Exchange Thu 21 Mar
- The Testing Planet - Episode One: The Companion Thu 28 Mar
- The Testing Planet - Episode Two: The Machine Thu 25 Apr
- The Testing Planet - Episode Three: The Toolsmith Thu 23 May
- TestBash Brighton 2024 Thu 12 Sep - Fri 13 Sep
✏️ Calls for Contributions
- Write for us ✍️
- Contribute to The Testing Planet 🪐
- Contribute to TestBash Brighton 2024 🇬🇧 Closes on the 14th of Feb!