Discover a different way to become a Test Leader
Our month of rest is here. The MoT team are going to work reduced hours for the month of August. What does that mean for our newsletter? We will continue to share new content, upcoming events and exciting news. It might become slightly shorter but we will always aim to share the most important snippet.
Thank you for your patience, for allowing the team time to rest, recover and refocus. If you want to find out more about our August break, you can read about it and listen to what Richard has to say.
- Áine, MarketingBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by TestRail!
See how much time we can save your team today!
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
Lots of upcoming events, new content and some great new conversations from The Club.
- 📣 Announcing 30 Days of Tools! - This means we're bringing you 30 Days of Testing ending with Test.bash(); Online! We're very excited, so get your thinking hat on and submit your talk.
- Leading Test Teams When You’re Not A Manager - "This article on Informal Leadership is absolutely spot on and worth reading for anyone, not just in the field of testing." - Sander Mangel
- What’s your win for the month? July 2021 - Celebrating your wins and the wins of your fellow community is super important – no matter how big or small. 🎉
- Bloggers Club August 2021 – Implementing Change - What have you tried that helps you and others change? Is there something you’ve seen or read about that you want to try but haven’t yet done so?
TOP TIP: Stuck on any topic related to testing? You can search our content and discover a wealth of useful resources Perform a keyword search and discover so much useful information. Dig deeper to rediscover and reignite great conversations.
This newsletter is also supported by Techwell!
Join the testing community this October—choose to attend in-person (in Anaheim, California) or watch virtually from your desk. Talks will cover automation, AI/ML, performance, agile testing, career growth, & more. The earlier you register the bigger the savings. Explore the Program.
Join Online Events
All of our upcoming events - including Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings, Discussions, Training Courses and 99 Minute Workshops.
- Enhancing Your Python Selenium Tests with Ran Tzur - 6pm UK Time - 25th August 2021 - Open to everyone 🎉
- Test.bash(); - 28th October 2021
Discover Useful Business Posts
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021!
- Automating Digital Accessibility - The fact that web content accessibility guidelines are looking to create the next iteration thinking about automating tests as the first step in a great leap forward to help people.
- Tips For Successfully Managing Outsourced Test Teams - To help maintain a positive and effective team.
- Automation, Hard Waits, and The Six Million Dollar Man - Faster isn’t always better. Sometimes, faster is more problematic.
- The Changing Role of Software Testing - The field of software testing is undergoing several transformations to meet the demands of modern consumers and workers.
Get Closer to the Community
- How Would You Test A Text Field? - A question that regularly comes up in interviews. What can be learned? 👩🏼🏫
- Days of Future Past - They talk a bit about Alan's recent AMA on the future of test automation and then about his past with Microsoft Teams.
- Good software and how to get it - What makes software good?