Thank you for such a brilliant October. Huge congrats to you if you picked up at least of the 30 Days of Tools challenges and/or attended Test.bash();. We genuinely recognise the effort, time, and commitment it takes to get involved in challenges and an event like Test.bash();.
Let's take a look back on the final days of October:
- Excellent of Jaswanth to call out many tool providers who do the right thing to support the community
- Andy provides a rock-solid checklist of essential tools for anyone new to testing 🧰
- For his tool of choice, Mirza shared a good summary of his experience using the Wave Accessibility Tool
- "When it becomes too expensive, or when the ROI isn’t worth it anymore." is sound advice from Kristof when identifying if a tool is no longer fit for purpose
- Our bonus challenge to create an advert for your favorite had a couple of creative replies, yet the conclusion from the replies is to leave the adverts to the marketers out there! 😃
- 649 people registered for Test.bash(); and 442 (68%) of those attended, across 41 countries. There were 22 talks in total, 3,183 chat messages sent, and one incredible otter called Ramone 🦦.
So we hope everyone upped their tool awareness and connected with at least one other person in the community.
How will you apply your learning and connections?
It can be a challenge to apply what you've learned throughout a month. Have you taken a moment to explore how you might apply your learnings? How could they benefit you and your team? What have you tried so far? How can the community continue to help you? Feel free to share in the various places the MoT community hangs out. You might inspire someone with something you happen to take for granted.
Is there someone in the community with who you didn't get a chance to connect? Let me know and I'll see if I can make the connection (if you'd prefer not to do it yourself: 📧 email@example.com).
Thanks again for a wonderful October. 🙏
- Simon, CommunityBoss
ps feel free to share your thoughts and feedback about 30 Days of Tools, we'd love to hear from you!
Lets keep in touch. Subscribe to our Newsletter