This newsletter is kindly supported by Sauce Labs!
Try the award-winning Sauce Labs Continuous Testing Cloud
Sauce Labs delivers a 360-degree view of your application experience so web & mobile apps look, function, & perform as they should on every browser, OS, and device, every time. Sign up for a free trial & get the Selenium Guidebook, a 92-page guide full of expert content!
All Things Ministry of Testing
The latest news, along with recent Dojo additions, events and interesting club posts.
- MoT Podcast - Adam Meets Jonathan Wright - They talk about Model-Based Testing, what it is, why it's growing in adoption and the benefits of it in the quality engineering process.
- From Accidental Professional Career Path to True Calling - Could your love of testing help you along a new path?
- MoT Podcast - Adam Meets Paul Reinheimer - Paul discusses how you could test your website in lots of different locations around the world - all without stepping on a plane or using dodgy hacks.
- Career Building Testing Ask Me Anything - Lena is joining us on 13th October at 8pm UK Time, to answer your questions around building your career. From landing your first job to progressing, ask Lena.
- How to Solve Integration Issues with Contract Testing - How many times two different teams have been working on user stories that work properly on isolation but that fail drastically when they are integrated? Join Roman's 99-Minute workshop to figure out how fix the problems.
- How Would You Test a Soda Machine? - Lisa Crispin challenged TestBash attendees to think about how they would test a soda machine in her talk. So how would you do it?
- How to Build Your Personal Brand with Gabbi Trotter - An incredibly useful talk, especially in the current situation. Have you considered your personal brand?
This newsletter is also kindly supported by AbilityNet
Accessibility for developers: become a more inclusive developer and gain accessibility know-how
Join AbilityNet on their upcoming online training for an introduction to the key aspects of web accessibility and inclusive design, relevant to web developers. Delivered by accessibility experts with developer experience - 97% of attendees rated our webinars and training ‘Excellent' or ’Good’ in 2019.
Community News & Podcasts
Posts from our blog & podcast feeds - you can always check out the feeds if you want more.
- Scale Your Thinking For Better Testing - There are many compelling reasons to make this mindset shift, that can really set you apart when it comes to testing.
- Creating A Test Automation Portfolio - Have you considered creating a test portfolio? This week Beth is sharing her API testing investigations.
- TestBash Manchester 2020 – Pre-Bash Sketchnotes - The start of TestBash Manchester!
- Episode 838 - Ransomware Report Shows How Organized Attackers Are - Ransomware is a growing problem for anyone on the Internet, it can happen at any time.
- Episode 15 Quality Coach Roadshow Maaret Pyhäjärvi - Talking a lot about learning, different approaches to learning, being a catalyst within an organisation and sitting with discomfort.
99-Minute Workshops - October
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop.
- How to Solve Integration Issues with Contract Testing - Join Roman Segdor at 12pm UK Time - 12th October 2020
- API Testing With Postman - Join Suman Bala at 12pm UK Time - 19th October 2020
- Team Care: Making Mental Health an Agile Practice - Join Jenna Charlton at 6pm UK Time - 21st October 2020
Posts selected from our business feed
- Switcher: Independent Security Audit Complete - A browser plugin that sits on customers' computers. Carrying out a third-party security audit was in order.
- Is remote-first the new reality for software companies (and 4 ways to adapt) - While the digital nomad lifestyle changed the face of work-from-home, the coronavirus brought remote work to a new level.
- How to guide end users with purposeful error messaging - When an error is encountered during the use of software, does it help the user?
Upcoming MoT Events
- 99 Minute Workshops - We have multiple workshops running during different timezones in upcoming months.
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Career Building - 8pm UK Time - 13th October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16th October 2020
- Masterclass: Optimize For Remote Execution: Take Your Waiting Game to the Next Level - 8pm UK Time - 22nd October 2020
- Test.bash(Online); - 29th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online - 20th November 2020
Things You Might Have Missed
Articles and posts on Security, Accessibility and Automation from around the web.
- New WCAG 2.2 Release Impacts 2021 Web Accessibility - The second update of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) since 2018 is expected to be published in November 2020.
- Scripts a prueba de balas en 10 pasos - Leandro Melendez - Online Uruguay
- The Power of Mocking APIs - Online Porto
- Online Lean Coffee: Bring your conversation starters! - Online, Boston
- #NottsTest - Stuart Day: How to Achieve Speed With Quality - Online, Nottingham
- Load Testing with K6 - Online, Sheffield
- Introduction to performance testing with open source tools - Online, Gothenburg
- Measuring quality in production - Abby Bangser - Online, Cork
- Waterfall to DevOps - A tester's journey by Hanna Dernbrant - Online, Manila
- Challenges Testing Blockchain Applications - Online, Bangalore