It's Simon here with a roundup of what's been happening in the testing community. Let's go! 🚤
- Sammy would like to know how do you use your accessibility reports?
- "No more writing automated tests or waiting on manual testing." Curious to test out this bold claim? Ian Jennings is looking for people to give TestDriver a spin.
- Understand the core concepts and architecture of Playwright, including how to automate and execute test scenarios in this partner webinar with LambdaTest.
- Interesting to see Python testing mentioned outside of the testing community. Nikolai Babkin, a Software Engineer, shares Python's Testing Playbook: Building Bulletproof Code.
- "I’m facing a bit of a dilemma in my career as a software tester. I’ve noticed that most job listings these days are emphasizing the need for automation experience, and unfortunately, I don’t have any yet. How can I bridge the gap between my current skill set and the demand for automation experience?"
- Jq is an open-source command line tool that makes it easy to deal with JSON in all kinds of scenarios. Looks handy! 👀
- It's been exciting to see community members start their certification paths. Can't wait to see all the certificates of achievement! Good luck to everyone working their way through the courses. Find out what certificates in test automation are available. 🎓
- BREAKING NEWS - The Explorer Discovered a New Planet, The Testing Planet. Get ready to join us on a cosmic exploration through the testing galaxy as we proudly present The Testing Planet – a monthly free virtual community gathering produced by Ministry of Testing and co-created with the community, starting at the end of March 2024. There are plenty of ways to get involved. 🪐
- "Ministry of Testing is truly awesome. This is the kindest online community I’ve ever seen." – Kate Paulk. 😍
- When it comes to estimating, how about negotiating scope, priority, impediments or curiosity? Never estimate in something that’s not negotiable, argues Joep Schuurkes.
Just for a Laugh
- Another video from Michael Larsen. This time it's about risks, from his book, "Software Testing Strategies". Good to see him share Karen Johnson's RCRCRC regression heuristic. Also available on the Test Heuristics Cheat Sheet.
Strategy & Methodologies
- "The Quality Assistance Model promotes the ownership of quality and testing by every engineer on the team, regardless of their role. Then what do testers do? You use your testing expertise to guide and educate the team, empowering and influencing them to produce high-quality software." Nataliia Burmei articulates where many testers are heading: Better Software, Faster: A Tester’s Report On The Quality Assistance Model 🤝
- Keith Klain shares his periodic reminder about "Why didn't we catch this in QA?"
- What patterns do you spot with your observation skills? Melissa Fisher shares some examples. Add your example patterns to this Club post.
- Great advice from Michael H: "What is the problem that the application/feature is solving? How do we test that this implementation is solving that problem?”
- Learn how to implement a model-based approach and design smarter test cases in this partner webinar with Ranorex: How to Test Smarter (Not Harder) with Model-based Test Design.
- What factors guide your tool selection? 🧰
- I always enjoy it when someone in the testing community comes back with an update on something they shared a while back. Conrad Braam did just that. 🙂
Have a good week.
Parasoft kindly supports this newsletter
Pros & Cons of Generative AI in Software Testing
Listen in as our experts discuss the pros and cons of Generative AI in software testing. Learn how to mitigate risks by incorporating GenAI in software testing solutions along with current and future use cases for applying AI to testing.
Gather with the testing community. Join an event.
📖 Industry News
- Ethical considerations in AI-powered software testing – Mariana Santos
- Qase 2023 releases, 2024 roadmap, and an intro to our VP of Product – Glen Holmes
- Fri 2 Feb This Week in Testing
- Thu 22 Feb Test Exchange
- Thu 28 Mar The Testing Planet, Episode One: The Companion
- Thu 25 Apr The Testing Planet, Episode Two: The Machine
- Thu 23 May The Testing Planet, Episode Three: The Toolsmith
- Thu 12 Sep - Fri 13 Sep TestBash Brighton 2024