This newsletter is kindly supported by mabl
2022 Testing Trends to Watch
To deliver quality software quickly, we need to adjust our approach to testing by practicing quality engineering. In this recorded webinar, learn about quality engineering and the industry trends shaping our approaches to quality, and how you can prepare to respond to these trends throughout 2022.
I'm back again to bring you the latest news and community thoughts.
As lots of you are getting ready for the start of the academic year for children or extended family, it's natural to start thinking about your own personal development goals. With that in mind, what are your goals? How are you making them manageable and measurable? Let's share some ideas and goals over on The Club and make a plan.
Some of you may be interested in becoming an automation engineer, Yulia shares her experience and created a roadmap that you might find useful. Maybe you'd like to improve your exploratory testing skills but unsure of good resources - Simon has gathered 30 tips along with plenty of resources in his article.
I read this post from Joep "Quality: different purposes, different definitions" and it gave me pause for thought. Do you adjust your definition of quality, or even share your definition of quality with the development team so you can get different perspectives? Should it influence how you test?
With the idea of sharing definitions, I wanted to reflect on how we build allies across the business. What do you do? We have some useful and some amusing replies to this Tweet.
One last thing, now that I've asked plenty of questions, TestBash UK news. Find out "Why We're Doing Away with Q&As at TestBash" and what we're replacing them with - don't worry, you'll still get answers to your questions.
— Áine, MarketingBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Katalon
The Software Tester’s Handbook - A Collaboration with Kristin Jackvony Software quality assurance is not a course in college that you can take. Download this free software-testing-101 ebook to ace your self-taught journey for both hard and soft skills.
Useful business posts
- 6 key metrics to determine product quality - Maryam Umar
- In the News: Qualitest Introduces Automated Enterprise Application Testing Through Sauce Labs
- Best Practices for Managing Reusable Flows - Damon Paul
- Tue 06 Sep Twitter Space: Let's Explore Accessibility Testing, with co-hosts Louise Gibbs and Simon Tomes
- Wed 07 Sep Note Takers – Security Testing, with host Trisha Chetani
- Tue 13 Sep How to Test Smarter (Not Harder) with Model-Based Test Design
- Wed 14 Sep How to Test for Accessibility
- Thu 15 Sep - Fri 16 Sep Welcome to the Ministry of Testing Community with host Zenzi Ali
- Mon 19 Sep - Wed 21 Sep Automation in Testing - Manchester
- Thu 22 Sep - Fri 23 Sep TestBash UK
- Fri 14 Oct TestBashX Bucks
- Thu 20 Oct Test.bash(); 2022
- Tue 15 Nov TestBash Core Skills
Calls for Contributions
- Take the Test.Bash(); 2022 Data Management Challenge - Closing on the 25th of September 2022
- Take the Test.Bash(); 2022 UI Challenge - Closing on the 25th of September 2022
- Have You Contributed to the Community?
- Call To Speak - Test.bash(); 2022: Closes on the 31st of August 2022
- Take the Test.Bash(); 2022 API Challenge - Closing on the 25th of September 2022
- Take the Test.Bash(); 2022 Visual Challenge - Closing on the 25th of September
- Call for Contribution – Share your interest to run a Community Micro-Event
- Call for Content - Write for us
💬 Keep the conversation going on The Club (our forum) and the MoT Slack (our chat client). And stay up-to-date via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline. Know someone who might enjoy this newsletter? Share this link to the Ministry of Testing newsletter sign-up page. 🗞