This newsletter is kindly supported by Vornex!
TimeShiftX - The Time Travel Software
TimeShiftX lets you time travel your software to test date and time sensitive functionality and code such as year-end, daylight savings, and billing. Employ instant time travel inside Active Directory & Kerberos without code or system clock changes and removing all pain points.
All Things Ministry of Testing
The latest news, along with recent Dojo additions, events and interesting Club posts.
- All I Wanted Was A Ride Home - Solving a location based testing problem for a friend took Paul down a new career path.
- Testers' Island Discs Ep40 - Louise Gibbs - Neil chats with Louise about her experiences of introducing sustainable test automation practices within a team and discuss some of the situations in which record/playback tools can serve to be a net benefit.
- MoT Pro Membership Up For Grabs thanks to Xray! - All you have to do is answer a question before 5pm UK Time on the 18th November.
- Do you work in a team that does not feel like a team? - Ileana gives great advice on how to bring cross-functional and cross-cultural teams to collaborate.
- Challenges Testing Blockchain Applications - If you were asked to test a blockchain application, would you know where to start? Let Sanne help you get started.
- HolidayBash Crystal Maze - Test your skills in teams of six to complete three-minute challenges to win crystals. Crystals mean prizes! (Yes it is awesome).
- What is Your Goal For November 2020? - No matter how big or small the goal, we’re here to help you achieve it 💪
- Do You Think the Testing Team Should Own CI/CD? - Share your thoughts with Jaswanth, what are some of the challenges that testers face when tackling CI/CD?
- MoT Dojo Watch Party - Episode #3 - This time we will be watching a personal favourite of Mark's, Managing Application Performance Throughout the LifeCycle - Scott Barber. Come find out what a watch party is and join in.
This newsletter is also kindly supported by Telerik
Why You Should Bring UI Automation into CI/CD
Organizations are seeing tremendous benefits by adopting a shift left culture which involves automation efforts early in the projects. In this whitepaper, you will learn about the opportunities and challenges test engineers and leads face when implementing UI automation. Get your free copy today!
Community News & Podcasts
We've spent time picking out posts from our blog & podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you. You can always check out the feeds if you want more.
- Web Performance Testing with Google Lighthouse - Marie helping you get familiar with Lighthouse, you can even use it with Cypress!
- Shifting left & right in our continuous world - What does this actually mean?
- AB Testing – Episode 130: The Pre-Election Episode - Talking a bit about the upcoming U.S. Election, discuss ideal team size, and then workshop some ideas on what “advanced” training for Modern Testing may look like.
- Episode 863 - Protecting Your Backups From Ransomware - Having good backups is a start but those can still be attacked by hackers.
- 203: Testing times, naming names, and the bald truth about AI - Students are being spied on as they do online exams, how did a televised football match reveal the truth about artificial intelligence, and what on earth is the Canny Lumpsucker vulnerability?
99-Minute Workshops - November
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop.
- An Introduction to Web UI Automation - Join Mark Winteringham at 12pm UK Time - 9th November
- Interactive Accessibility Quiz - Join Ady Stokes at 6pm UK Time - 11th November
- Mocks and Testability - Join Ali Haydar at 11pm UK Time - 12th November
- API Testing in Python with Requests - Join Bas Dijkstra at 12pm UK Time - 16th November
- Git Foundations - Join Simon Berner at 6pm UK Time - 18th November
- Exploring Quality - Join Dan Ashby at 12pm UK Time - 23rd November
- Introduction to Creating Test Strategies - Join Huib Schoots at 6pm UK Time - 25th November
- There's No U in Coach - Join Gareth Waterhouse, Lindsay Strydom at 12pm UK Time - 30th November
Posts selected from our business feed
- Quickstart to Automated Functional Testing with Visual Testing - Taking you through how you can use visual testing to detect visual regressions and as a bonus, get automated functional testing out of it too.
- qTest Integration with Applitools - Integrating them in the agile process will solve challenges and makes testing practise in an agile environment.
- Creating resilient tests with mabl - Creating resilient tests has become all the more important as development cycles become shorter and faster.
Upcoming MoT Events
- 99 Minute Workshops - We have multiple workshops running during different timezones in upcoming months.
- Masterclass: A Guide to Usability - 8pm UK time - 10th November 2020
- MoT Dojo Watch Party - Episode #3 - 3.30pm UK time - 16th November 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online - 20th November 2020
- Masterclass: Explore the unknown with exploratory testing - 8pm UK time - 24th November 2020
- HolidayBash - 4th - 5th December 2020
Things You Might Have Missed
Articles and posts on Security, Accessibility and Automation from around the web.
- Using destructuring in Cypress - Have you tried wrapping your head around restructuring?
- Apple fixes three iOS zero-days exploited in the wild - Apple has released security updates today for iOS to patch three zero-day vulnerabilities that were discovered being abused in attacks against its users.
- GitHub denies getting hacked - Someone attached a copy of the GitHub Enterprise Server source code to GitHub's DMCA section, but the GitHub CEO said they mistakenly leaked that code months ago.
- Techniques for a Whole Team Approach to Quality - Online, Kula Lumpur
- How I created UI tests for complex web applications - Online, Brisbane