This newsletter is kindly supported by Ministry of Testing
Join Mark Winteringham on 11th January for the opportunity to learn about Web services / APIs and how to test them. Get a Super Early Bird ticket.
All Things Ministry of Testing
- Testers' Island Discs Ep42 - Drew Pontikis - In the final island broadcast of 2020, Drew Pontikis floats by to build upon last episode’s discussions around shaping quality culture within your organisation, and how you can help by developing communities of practice.
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Test Reporting - Elizabeth Zagroba will uncover some of the ways you are delivering information about the quality of your software and about how testing is going. Register now and get your questions in. Join us on the 26th January at 8pm UK time.
- Looking for a mentor to help me get that real world perspective! - Could you help this aspiring tester at the start of their career change journey?
- The Role of a Test Architect - What is your experience of what this role entails?
Community News & Podcasts
- Five Reasons You’re Not Ready For Continuous Deployment - Some things to consider before tackling CD.
- How To - GET todos id 404 - This post and video shows how to complete the challenge
GET /todos/id 404using Insomnia.
- What Do You Do When You Have Nothing to Test? - Five ways you can use that free time to improve your team and - more importantly - yourself.
- Test Flakiness - One of the main challenges of automated testing - If you haven’t encountered flaky tests, this article tries to systematically outline the causes for flaky tests.
- The box with Christmas Ornaments - There is a fascinating way of coming to the idea that the problem is almost always testing.
99-Minute Workshops - January 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop.
- A Deep Dive into Junit 5 - Join Boni García at 12pm UK Time - 4th January 2021
- API Testing With Postman - Join Suman Bala at 6pm UK Time - 6th January 2021
- There's No U in Coach - Join Gareth Waterhouse and Lindsay Strydom at 12pm UK Time - 8th January 2021
- Speed-testing Using Mind-maps - Join Lena Wiberg at 6pm UK Time - 13th January 2021
- Team Care: Making Mental Health an Agile Practice - Join Jenna Charlton at 12pm UK Time - 18th January 2021
- Understanding Your Testability - Join Richard Bradshaw at 11pm UK Time - 28th January 2021
Posts selected from our business feed
- Webinar: Manual Testing – Fill the gaps in your QA strategy - A round-up of some of the questions that David Burns answered during the webinar.
- The secrets of successful testing-community projects: OTC and SoT - Looking back at the Fall 2020 OnlineTestConf.
- Introducing Visual Reviews 2.0 - BrowserStack introduce a redesign of Percy’s visual review experience!
- The Testing Show: Your Changing Career - Now more than ever, the idea of working for one company and doing one job for our working life is an outdated notion.
- 209: Vengeful ex-staff, bad Santas, and iOS app nutrition facts - Watch out for Santas wearing hoodies! A rogue employee takes down WebEx for thousands of people, and Apple forces apps to show a privacy health warning.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Testing Web Services and APIs - 1 day - 11th January 2021
- Masterclass - Designing Test Cases Focused on the User Experience - 8pm UK Time - 12th January 2021
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Test Reporting - 8pm UK Time - 26th January 2021
- Hands on WebdriverIO - 3 days - 1st - 3rd February 2021
- Software Testing Essentials Live! - 3 days - 12th - 14th April 2021
Things You Might Have Missed
Articles and posts on Security, Accessibility and Automation from around the web.
- Digital Accessibility and SEO Best Practices - Search engine optimization and web accessibility share many of the same best practices.
- Making Websites Easier To Talk To - Between phone assistants, home speakers, and screen readers, more and more people are using the web without even looking at it. Websites need to evolve in kind.
- Accessibility: What’s so hard about making things simple? - Sarah Winters discusses the art of keeping things simple so that they work for everyone.
- Microsoft: 2020 was the year we almost said goodbye to passwords - After the 60-year reign of computer passwords, Microsoft reckons the world is almost ready to move on.
- Ad-blocker AdGuard deploys world's first DNS-over-QUIC resolver - DNS-over-QUIC, or DoQ, is viewed as a superior, faster, and more private version of the DNS protocol, even DoH and DoT.