AI is everywhere. And it isn't going away.
With that in mind, I think it's important to keep the discussion open about how AI has an impact on our testing profession. And I believe it's helpful for us to dig into what that means for our roles and the people we work with. I might sound like a broken record as I've mentioned AI a number of times in previous newsletters. Or maybe I sound like a broken machine! — trust me I did write this all myself — yet I'd like to remind folks of these conversations:
- How will ChatGPT change the testing industry?
- What part of your job would you give to AI to test faster?
- I wonder in which activities could ChatGPT help you in your testing?
- AI applications in testing
- Artificial Intelligence in Testing (AIiT)
Join in or start your own discussion topic about AI and testing.
Now back to this week. Over 500 people are due to attend TestBash Spring. That is a colossal number of the testing community up for learning and connecting with each other. See you Thursday! 😃
✍️ And finally, just for fun, how about writing a haiku about software testing? I have a good feeling you'll enjoy what's already been written.
Have a great week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
🙋 Can you help with the following?
- testerfromliverpool would like to know how you demonstrate the value of your automation efforts
- Isn’t HTSM equally applicable when creating requirements? wonders Nilanjan
- Share your thoughts about a zero-bug policy
- Have you written a blog this month? Add your blog post to this thread and help a fellow testing professional.
- Alexander is after a tool to simulate a bad internet network
📖 Helpful business posts
- Test Environment Automation for DevOps — Jane Temov
- A Complete Guide to CSS Object Model (CSSOM) — Alex Anie
- What is a Test Environment? A Beginners Guide — Enov8
- Metrics part 2: the DORA keys — Mikhail Lankin
- Process Improvement Strategies for Release Management — Andrew Walker
- How Test Coverage Changes in Quality Engineering — Bridget Hughes
- Which Release Cycle is Better: Monthly or Quarterly? — Enov8
- How To Scroll Down A Page In Selenium WebDriver Using C# — Andreea Draniceanu
- Harnessing the Synergies of DR and TEM for a Resilient and Efficient Organization — Jane Temov
- A Complete Guide to CSS Refactoring — Adarsh M
- How Continuous Testing Can Improve DevOps Efficiency — David Tzemach
- Python tests for Allure, now sorted and neat — Mikhail Lankin
- How Can Continuous Testing Enable Enterprises To Reimagine Digital User Experiences? — Dileep Marway
- Material UI Testing: A Detailed Guide With Examples — Harish Rajora
- Wed 22 Mar Can You Do API Testing With Cypress?
- Thu 23 Mar TestBash Spring 2023 🌷 There's still time to register! 👀
- Tue 28 Mar Simple Tests for Accessibility
- Wed 05 Apr Managers: What Do Your Junior Testers Do?
- Wed 19 Apr API Testing 102: Security And More Request Types
- Wed 26 Apr Identifying Codified Oracles In Automated Test Design
- Wed 03 May API Testing 201: API Testing Tools
- Wed 17 May API Testing 202: Automating API checks with Postman
- Tue 27 Jun Learning To Lead Before Becoming a Leader
- Wed 20 Sep - Thu 21 Sep TestBash UK 2023
- Wed 20 Sep Testing & Quality Recruitment Fair at TestBash UK 2023
🤝 Calls for Contributions
Stay up-to-date with the community via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline, read an article or watch a talk. Discover what the testing community is sharing via the community blog feed.