This newsletter is kindly supported by SeleniumConf
Get Your SeleniumConf Discount
Join Simon Stewart, Corina Pip, David Burns, Diego Molina and other Selenium core committers for the first in-person SeleniumConf since 2018 on March 29-30! Use discount code — motseconf23sponsor15 — to save 15% on any ticket, conference-only or conference+workshop.
Last week was a tough one for some of the testing community.
We announced that we are shutting down the Ministry of Testing Slack and moving all live chat over to The Club. If you're on the MoT Slack, you can read the announcement and the follow-up message from our CEO, Richard Bradshaw. If you'd like to discuss this, please send me an email and we can set up a call.
I'm excited about TestBash Spring 2023. A wonderful way for the community to connect. It has over 400 people registered to attend. That is a wild number! Thank you. It's gonna be amazing to get such a great bunch of the community together in one online space for the day.
Can you help with the following?
- Adrian would like to know: How do we get users involved earlier in the development process to help find bugs before they reach production?
- What was your initial perception of a software testing career before starting? A brilliant question from Carlton.
- Conrad is curious about DORA metrics. What's your experience been like?
- What part of your job would you give to AI to test faster? asks Tania.
- Gem's been asked to present what goes into a quality strategy. What would you include?
- What advice could you share with Ioan about test management plugins for JIRA?
- Have you written a blog this month? Add your blog post to this thread and inspire someone in the community. 💡
Have a great week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
📖 Helpful business posts
- A DevOps Approach to Test Data Management — Andrew Walker
- Unlock Quality at Scale with Xray Enterprise — Tonislava Docheva
- Scale Cross Browser Testing with the Unified Runner for Safari (WebKit) and Firefox — Juliette MacPhail
- What is Data Friction – From the perspective of TDM — Jane Temov
- 23 Common Web Design Mistakes To Avoid In 2023 — Mehul Gadhiya
- Benefits of Release Management for Large Enterprises — Enov8
- The dreams and tech behind automation, with Fonzi Vasquez — Mikhail Lankin
- Your Non-Production Environment (Dev & Test) Explained — Andrew Walker
- Deployment Strategies Compared and Explained — Enov8
- Tue 14 Mar How to test smarter (not harder) with model-based test design
- Wed 15 Mar Hands on Test Automation with Playwright
- Wed 22 Mar Can You Do API Testing With Cypress?
- Thu 23 Mar TestBash Spring 2023 🌷
- Tue 28 Mar Simple Tests for Accessibility
- Wed 19 Apr API Testing 102: Security And More Request Types
- Wed 26 Apr Identifying Codified Oracles In Automated Test Design
- Wed 03 May API Testing 201: API Testing Tools
- Wed 17 May API Testing 202: Automating API checks with Postman
- Tue 27 Jun Learning To Lead Before Becoming a Leader
- Wed 20 Sep - Thu 21 Sep TestBash UK 2023
🤝 Calls for Contributions
Stay up-to-date with the community via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline, read an article or watch a talk. Discover what the testing community is sharing via the community blog feed.