Your Weekly Testing News - Issue 375
This newsletter is kindly supported by Xray
Break the silo to collaboration with Xray - Native Test Management!
Streamline your testing and development into a single collaborative workflow with Xray’s Jira native experience. Xray gives all teams the same naming and terminology, so they work seamlessly side by side. With test management woven into every stage of development, quality now comes naturally. Start a free trial!
It helps to look forward.
Particularly if you've had one of those weeks. And last week it felt like one of those. Such is life sometimes.
So I'm looking forward to TestBash Careers, which is all about recognising your value and looking forward. I like the style of this TestBash because it has a selection of Talks, Book Recommendations, Advice Sessions, an Ask Me Anything and a Panel Discussion. A proper mix of ways to learn and opportunities to connect with fellow testing professionals. See you in the live chat?
I’d like to celebrate those who are putting themselves out there on video. Those who have great public conversations about testing. These people spark ideas and explore concepts. It takes real bravery to do that. People like Lee Marshall and Karen Todd. Check out the latest video from Lee and the latest from Karen.
Such conversations remind me of the recently launched podcast series on co-creating an automation curriculum. Mark Winteringham and Richard Bradshaw spoke with some brilliant community leaders: Peet, Manuel, Gabbi, Erin and Daniel. Interviews with recruiters and automators in an effort to learn more about automation roles. Great to hear from Erin Donnelly about her thoughts on the requirements companies have when recruiting for automation experience.
Do you enjoy a challenge? Turns out six brilliant community members do as they've signed up to facilitate another round of 99 Minute Challenges. Each challenge aims to help you develop testing skills that will benefit your day-to-day life. I share details on this news item.
A while back I set up the Belong-O-Meter to gain a better understanding of the Ministry of Testing community. And last week I published the first round of discoveries, reflections and next steps. I look forward to more 1-2-1 chats and co-creating some of the ideas we've come up with together.
One last thing, TestBash World is fast approaching. I enjoyed Diana's recent update on the speakers and hosts. Excited to see how folks make the most of the watch parties!
What are you looking forward to?
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Autify
AI-powered Low-code Automation Testing Platform
Autify enables anyone to create UI tests by interacting with your browser. Increase coverage, feature release cycles and reduce maintenance with our self-healing AI. If you do UI testing, schedule a demo with our CS Engineer, no sales pitch, and get a $25 Gift Card.
Useful business posts
- Who Owns Accessibility in DevOps? — Bridget Hughes
- How to Integrate Test Management in Your GitLab CI Pipelines — Hannah Son
- How Synthetic Personas Can Help Test Personalized Web and Mobile App Experiences — Jim Whitehead & Lena Reed
- And check out this helpful workshop led by Eva Ferreira, sponsored by mabl: How to Test for Accessibility
- Mon 23 May Twitter Spaces: How To Get Started With Blogging With Nicola Lindgren
- Tue 24 May Setting Up Test Environments Task Analysis
- 🔜 Thu 26 May TestBash Careers 👀
- Tue 31 May Setting up CI:CD Pipeline Task Analysis
- Tue 31 May Take the STRIDE Threat Model Challenge with Claire Reckless
- Wed 01 Jun Note Takers – Aspiring To Lead
- Tue 07 Jun Investigating Failed Automated Tests Task Analysis
- Tue 14 Jun Reporting Automation Results Task Analysis
- Tue 14 Jun Take the Manage Data Challenge with Peet Michielsen
- Tue 14 Jun Take the Mind Map of Questions Challenge with Zenzi Ali
- Tue 21 Jun Maintaining Automated Tests Task Analysis
- Tue 21 Jun Take the Set Up Monitoring for Errors Challenge with Lewis Prescott
- Wed 22 Jun - Thu 23 Jun TestBash World 🌎🌍🌏
- Tue 28 Jun Maintaining a Framework Task Analysis
- Tue 05 Jul Maintaining Test Environments Task Analysis
- Tue 05 Jul Take the Personas Challenge with Emna Ayadi
- Tue 12 Jul Developing Testing Tools Task Analysis
- Tue 12 Jul Take the Basic UI Automation Check Challenge with Trisha Chetani
Calls for Contributions
🤩 Transform your career. Keep up to date and relevant with all the latest and most important topics in testing and quality. Access all live events and 1000+ talks, webinars, articles, and podcasts. Take control of your career growth. Register for a Ministry of Testing Pro Membership today.
Thanks to our Pro members for continuing to support the community. You help us all move the software testing craft forward. 🙌
Know someone who might enjoy this newsletter? Share this link to the Ministry of Testing newsletter sign up page. 🗞
Simon is a CommunityBoss at Ministry of Testing and his pronouns are he/him. Currently learning to be a better community enabler, he has a passion for all things testing with a career in various testing roles since 2003. He particularly enjoys promoting and sharing the value of exploratory testing.