Welcome back! This week Heather, our CommunityBoss, wanted to share an interesting article.
"Two Heads Are Better Than One: The Benefits of Pair Testing Across Disciplines - I loved pairing with other team members but I couldn't always explain why it was beneficial. I love how Anneliese has captured the reasoning here. It gives me something clear to refer back to when I want to encourage people to pair again."
- Heather CommmunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by DeepCrawl!
Try out the automated SEO testing platform trusted by the world’s biggest brands
Tired of code negatively impacting business performance online? Automate testing for SEO with Automator tool to speed up SEO performance on production and reduce any risk to your business’ search performance, customer acquisition, ranking and revenue.
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
We've some new webinar recordings, lean coffees and lots of training opportunities!
☕️ We have set up a lean coffee session to allow you the chance to keep the conversation going after our next Ask Me Anything. Perfect opportunity to learn more and share your problems or ideas!
There's a lot of talk about WebdriverIO at the minute. You have the chance to join Julia Pottinger on the 1st Feb for 3 days of hands on training, taking you from a beginner to advanced framework user by the end. 🚀
Our first themed week of 2021 is going to be all about UI Automation. We're planning challenges, talks, workshops, it's all being finalised as I type! You can read more about it and register your interest in being notified when it goes live.
💡 Hundreds of you tuned in to watch Larissa's presentation on applying design thinking to your test user journeys. It's fair to say there were plenty of "light bulb" moments. The recording is now available to watch.
Another first for you, an Automation in Testing Online Cohort! Why Cohort? A cohort is simply a group of people who will be learning together. By signing up to this course you are joining a group of individuals who will attend each of the online classrooms with you and support during self-learning activities throughout the month of March.
Julia Pottinger recently did a talk for our Belfast Meetup group online "Agile Tester Toolkit - Make an Impact". The meetup recording is now available to everyone to watch 📺
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
This newsletter is kindly also supported by Testim
Too many tests in your automation suite?
Scaling your test automation suite is both art and science. Join Testim’s webinar to learn how to architect tests to minimize maintenance and maximize reuse. You’ll also walk away with tips for organizing tests and suites so you can scale efficiently. Register before 2nd Feb!
We've picked out a few posts from our Club, blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you.
It's more important than ever to remember that relationships are just as important in the world of IT. This was a great reminder from Jesper's "Relations are about half of IT".
🤔 Melissa is wondering how do you feel when a customer reports a bug? Is it a different feeling to when you find one yourself?
It's always useful to have reminders for when we're testing, to help guide us as well as generate new test ideas. This post is filled with testing heuristics and mnemonics, perfect to act as those gentle reminders that we all need.
Could you help Augustinas with setting up parallel tests for selenium automation?
How many times have you heard the phrase “We Don’t Need Testers”? What do you think when you hear this phrase? 🤷♀️
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including training, Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings and Panel Discussions.
- TestBash Revisited Watch Party - Episode #11 - with Gwen Diagram and Ash Winter - 3.30pm UK Time - 25th January 2021
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Test Reporting - with Elizabeth Zagroba - 8pm UK Time - 26th January 2021
- Lean-Coffee - Straight after the Ask Me Anything, join this Zoom Meeting - 9pm UK Time - 26th January 2021
- Hands on WebdriverIO - with Julia Pottinger - 3 days raining - 1st - 3rd February 2021
- Panel Discussion - UI Automation - with Marie Drake, Julia Pottinger and Angie Jones - 8pm UK Time - 9th February 2021
- Save The Date: UI Automation Week - From the 22nd to the 23rd of February 2021
- Automation in Testing Online (Cohort Edition) - with Mark Winteringham and Richard Bradshaw - Starting on the 2nd of March 2021
- Software Testing Essentials Live! - with Mark Winteringham and Dan Ashby - 3 days training - 12th - 14th April 2021
If you're interested in finding out about future meetups, whether online or in person, please check out the Club meetup section or keep an eye on the Slack Events channel.
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 - they make sure we're able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
A tester walks into a bar. They order 1 beer, 0 beers, 9999 beers, and an orange - or so the joke is told. But how do you handle scenarios with thousands of permutations? Get some ideas on how to approach this with this post.
We can always do with more testing ideas, here are 4 Ways to Generate Quick Test Ideas.
There is a lot of buzz around Visual Testing these days, is it all hype or is there something more behind it? Read for yourself and decide if it will be part of your reality.
Switching from Selenium to Cypress, TestCafe or Playwright? There seems to be a lot of change happening within companies, shifting to new platforms.
The conversion around the testing mindset can often lead to controversy, maybe getting another perspective could help shed some light on the discussions.
99-Minute Workshops - January & February 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- Understanding Your Testability - Join Richard Bradshaw at 11pm UK Time - 28th January 2021
- What is Testing in Production and Why Would We Ever do That?! - Join Abby Bangser at 12pm UK Time - 1st of February
- Approval Testing - Join Emily Bache at 8pm UK Time - 3rd February
- API Testing in Python with Requests - Join Bas Dijkstra at 12pm UK Time - 8th February
- Understanding Your Testability - Join Richard Bradshaw at 8:00pm UK Time - 10th February
- Introduction to Creating Test Strategies - Join Huib Schoots at 12pm UK Time - 15th February
- There’s no U in Coach - Join Lindsay & Gareth at 8pm UK Time - 17th February
- An Introduction to Web UI Automation - Join Mark Winteringham at 8pm UK Time - 22nd February
- Mocks and Testability - Join Ali Haydar 8pm UK Time - 24th February
- Enhancing Your Python Selenium Tests with TestProject - Join Bas Dijkstra at 12pm UK Time - 26th February - This workshop is Free for everyone to attend, thanks to TestProject!