Testmo kindly supports this newsletter
UPDATE: Testmo - #1 Unified Test Management Tool
Testmo is the #1 unified modern test management tool. Now even better with faster test steps, rich PDF reporting, automation fields, improved Jira add-on, extended API & more. Affordable for teams of all sizes with enterprise-grade reliability & support. Try Testmo free!
It's Simon here with a roundup of what's been happening in the testing community. Let's go! 🚗
- Alan Barr has set up a waitlist for Testing AI Products, a place for him to support those interested in AI and Testing.
- Can you help Pedro? Lots of questions about Large Language Models (LLMs).
- This partner webinar covers various Selenium 4 features, including recording double clicks and right clicks, obtaining attributes of specific elements, and leveraging Ranorex's UI test automation tool without writing code. Selenium 4 Integrations with Rhett Devlin.
- Guilherme Machado would like to know how do you deal with waits in your code?
- What Testing and AI books have you been reading? Add books to this wiki. 📚
- Early bird pricing for our MoT Certifications ends this month. Register before January 31st to receive 41% off! There are three distinct certification courses built on a solid, industry-informed curriculum that offers a flexible online format designed to enhance your learning experience and propel your career forward. Register for the MoT Certifications in Test Automation. 🎓
- What do you have in common? Meet people who are new to the community and say hi. 👋
- "We want to level out the experience and opportunities for everyone by treating, rewarding and valuing all the contributions equally." Help shape TestBash.
- The Test Exchange is an opportunity to gather, get to know each other and explore ways of helping us all on our journey of advancing our software testing career. Join us this week on Thursday 25th January.
- "I really appreciate Ministry of Testing. They are very supportive in sharing work from those in the community and lift other people up. Thank you for all you do!" – Melissa Fisher. Source. 🙌
- 9 out of 10 Testers discuss their red flags on Friday 26th January. I do enjoy their rants and, if not on your radar, I think you will too. 🙂
- Learn the latest exploratory testing trends, and find out how to deal with context switching and the need for proper documentation in this partner webinar: How to Overcome Common Challenges in Exploratory Testing with Ivan Filippov from Xray.
- James Lyndsay encourages us to have purposeful play with our explorations – to be clear about the shapes and limits we take as we work on exploratory testing.
- Cevdet Ayaz reshared a helpful blog post about pushing a quality narrative. Testers: Don't wait to be asked for info by Callum Akehurst-Ryan.
- How do you capture notes and evidence? Paul French would like to know how you demonstrate your testing efforts, and in what context.
- Stuck on what to test? The ideas keep coming. Share a test idea in 5 words or less. 🪴
Just for fun
Strategy & Methodologies
- Imagine a Jira ticket as a spell (or a curse) and an epic as a quest in this brilliant role-playing inspired blog post by Louise Woodhams: In A World Of Pure Imagination.
- Every two weeks Poloho Mohotsi and their team nominate a "bug of the sprint".
- This partner webinar showcases the flexibility of TestRail's workflow, allowing teams to easily collaborate, communicate and build a comprehensive test case library. Test Case Review and Approvals with Heather Vercillo.
- Nate Bosscher proposes three levels of test cases. What do you think?
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
JetBrains kindly supports this newsletter
Try JetBrains Aqua – An IDE for Writing Tests You Can Be Proud of
Aqua is an all-in-one polyglot IDE for test automation that supports Selenium, Cypress, and Playwright. Aqua features a Web Inspector that works like a built-in browser, letting you stay inside the IDE. Try Aqua for free!
Gather with the testing community. Join an event.
📖 Industry News
- Xray and Xray Enterprise are now Cloud Fortified by Atlassian - Secure, reliable, and scalable! – José Domingues
- Agile QA Process: Principles, Steps, and Best Practices – Hannah Son
- A complete guide to smoke testing – Rustam Sabirov
- What our tests don't like about our code – Artem Eroshenko, Mikhail Lankin, Maksim Stepanov
- Thu 25 Jan Test Exchange
- Fri 26 Jan This Week in Testing
- Thu 22 Feb Test Exchange
- Thu 29 Feb STAY TUNED 🪐
- Thu 28 Mar STAY TUNED 🪐
- Thu 25 Apr STAY TUNED 🪐
- Thu 12 Sep - Fri 13 Sep TestBash Brighton 2024