Ministry of Testing kindly supports this newsletter
TestBash Autumn 2023 is fast approaching, register today
Explore a wide spectrum of testing topics on day one and deep dive into tools and automation on day two. Join us, connect with fellow testers and grow your testing knowledge.
What's been happening in the testing community?
First up, thank you to everyone who took part in ReTestBash UK last week. What a fun way to reconnect with the many things we learned at TestBash UK. Great to see so many questions asked and answered on a number of important topics. We covered strategy, accessibility, communication, learning, security, performance and automation.
I counted 73 questions from the community which sparked another 37 from Team MoT. That's 110 questions! We'll resurface them over the coming months to spark learning and connection opportunities. The speakers shared an incredible amount of knowledge during all the Ask Me Anything sessions. Keep a look/listen out for the recordings coming soon to the MoT platform.
Here's what else the testing community have been talking about.
- Accessibility Testing is important and easy to do! by David Burns
- And here . . . we . . . go! by Keith Klain
- Writing test automation standards is a journey, not a destination by Mike Harris
- What was the best bug I have ever found? What was yours? by Daniel Knott
- We Can’t Always Be Perfect – Owning Your Leadership Mistakes by Simon Prior
Strategy & Methodologies
- 25th anniversary of my very first testing lesson by Rikard Edgren
- Leading quality in software organizations by Lisa Crispin
- Play to Play by James Thomas
There are three new MoT site resources to check out this week.
1️⃣ Nicola Lindgren expertly bridges the gap between testers and stakeholders, as she answers key questions from the community. Watch Ask Me Anything - Talking Testing With Stakeholders.
2️⃣ Sam McCall demonstrates the mabl Mailbox, which is an email inbox you can use to automate the email journey. Watch mabl Mailbox with Sam McCall.
3️⃣ Compatibility testing is crucial to ensure a quality user experience no matter the operating system, device, or browser. Read Compatibility Testing Tools by Kasturi Rajamanikkam.
🎁 Competition time! Win a Pro Membership for a year, thanks to Enov8. You could win access to all of our learning content including our Workshops, Masterclasses, Courses, TestBash talks, online TestBashes and everything else! Enter before the 19th of November.
Have a great week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
PractiTest kindly supports this newsletter
Join the 13th OnlineTestConf on Nov 13-14!
Bringing together global experts and thought leaders, it’s a unique opportunity to stay at the forefront of software testing innovations, network, and gain a competitive edge. Explore our stellar speaker lineup to supercharge your testing knowledge. Don't miss out, secure your spot now.
Connect with fellow testers at TestBash Autumn 2023
🙋🙋♀️🙋♂️ Join the conversation
- 🔥 Hot Topic: ISTQB Certification - Thoughts, Experiences, Tips?
- How do you inspire growth and innovation in team members who are happy where they are?
- Susanne asks, which resources can I use to learn to ask good questions?
- Olesja could do with your advice about learning web automation with Nightwatch.js.
- Trisha would like to know, what would you prioritize to break into software testing with no experience? And a related question, Sina asks where should I start?
- Mark is curious to learn how you foster collaboration and sharing in your team
- Maksim Zinovev is looking for a mentor. Can you support them?
- Is the following password reset mechanism free from any security concerns?
📖 Helpful business posts
- A Data-Driven Approach to Test Case Prioritization: The Role of Analytics — Amy E Reichert
- Introducing Intelligent UI Inspector for Real Device Cloud — Salman Khan
- Enhancing Production Deployments — Jane Temov
- Cross-Platform App Development: Build Once, Run Across Devices — Akash Nagpal
- AI in exploratory testing — Mariana Santos
- How to Use @FindBy Annotation in Selenium Java — Faisal Khatri
- Webinar: Testing AWS applications locally and on CI with LocalStack [Experience (XP) Series] — Yash Bansal
- Unleashing the Power of CI/CD: Automation, Testing, and Quality at Speed — Misba Kagad
- 35 Best Test Automation Frameworks for 2023 – Mehul Gadhiya
- Tue 07 Nov Collaborate With Team (Agile)
- Tue 14 Nov Apply Systems Thinking
- Wed 22 Nov - Thu 23 Nov TestBash Autumn 2023
- Tue 28 Nov Teamwork Makes the Full-Stack Testing, Dream Work
- Thu 30 Nov Testing Ask Me Anything on Teams Without Testers
- Wed 25 Sep - Thu 26 Sep TestBash UK 2024
✏️ Calls for Contributions
🆕 Want to write for MoT? Read this helpful article from EditorBoss, Rabi'a Brown: From An Editor's Desk: What I Look For In Ministry of Testing Articles
- Articles on influencing
- Articles on problem solving
- Articles on the subject of quality
- Articles on the power of models
- Elevate Your Expertise: Be a Guest Speaker on Our AMA Webinars
- Run a Masterclass Webinar and Illuminate the Testing Community
- Speak & Present at TestBash UK 2024
- Register Your Interest in Becoming a Course Creator