Testmo kindly supports this newsletter
UPDATE: Testmo - #1 Unified Test Management Tool
Testmo is the #1 unified modern test management tool. Now even better with faster test steps, rich PDF reporting, automation fields, improved Jira add-on, extended API & more. Affordable for teams of all sizes with enterprise-grade reliability & support. Try Testmo free!
How can we spread the good word about testing and quality?
That's exactly what Nicola Sedgwick did last week. She spoke at CTO Craft Conference about embedding a culture where quality is everyone’s responsibility. Sanne Visser attended their first developer conference. Kristof Van Kriekingen gave a workshop at a school to students about API testing and security. Great to see community folks go beyond the testing community to spread the good word. Could you do something like that?
Here's what else the testing community have been spreading.
- How To Filter JSON data with Cypress by Bart Vanherck
- Gaining a knowledge of React is helping me automate by Mike Harris
- Move at the speed of trust by Anne-Marie Charrett
- Code Reading Clubs with Marit van Dijk by Lisa Crispin and Janet Gregory
- 4 Soft Skills for Testers by Nicola Lindgren
Strategy & Methodologies
- How was this tested? by Melissa Fisher
- The Social Dimension of Testing by Jeff Nyman
- AskAppSec - Dependency Updates by Lisi Hocke
If you're looking for your next job and need advice on your CV/resume, I noticed Leigh Rathbone kindly sharing his CV and Interview Hints and Tips document again. Worth checking out. We also have this article by Elizabeth Zagroba: How To Interview Like A Tester and this discussion about creating CVs that get you noticed.
📂 New article: Ashutosh Mishra talks about latency issues and their impact on mobile applications. How Does Your Mobile Application Handle Internet Connection Issues? You Might Be Surprised
Have a great week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
anecdote kindly supports this newsletter
QA Testers! ⚠️ We used AI to analyze over 4 million customer app reviews.
Leveraging AI, we analysed over 4 million customer reviews across the top 3,046 global apps, revealing over 740,000 bugs and user experience hurdles. Curious to see how your app measures up? Check out Bugz.FYI or request your complimentary, personalised report today.
Connect with fellow testers at TestBash Autumn 2023
🙋🙋♀️🙋♂️ Join the conversation
- 🔥 Hot topic: ISTQB Certification - Thoughts, Experiences, Tips?
- How do you test 3rd party generative AI models? asks Sean
- João would like your advice about QA metrics. Have a look at their ideas. What feedback can you share?
- How do you call out your manager if you see they are distracted during a 1-2-1?
- Mark would like to know, how do you mock different locations on your test devices?
- Why should we invest our time in doing security testing?
- How can you lead a long-standing team with a ‘people-first’ approach without disrupting their existing system?
- What does systems thinking mean to you?
📖 Helpful business posts
- Everything You Need to Know on Release Management Best Practice — Jane Temov
- Mabl Experience 2023: Rooted in Quality, Reaching for Innovation — Leah Itzkovich
- How to Fix NoSuchElementException in Selenium — Vipul Gupta
- Different Types of Mobile Apps: A Beginner’s Guide — Saniya Gazala
- How to Perform Screenshot Comparison in Playwright — Jaydeep Karale
- How to use generative AI for exploratory testing? — Petruta Paraschiv
- How To Use For Loop In Robot Framework: A Detailed Guide — Paulo Oliveira
- No-Code/Low-Code Testing in the Accelerated Digital Transformation Era — Ken Hardin
- Tue 14 Nov Apply Systems Thinking
- Tue 21 Nov Analyse Requirements
- Wed 22 Nov - Thu 23 Nov TestBash Autumn 2023 🍁
- Tue 28 Nov Teamwork Makes the Full-Stack Testing, Dream Work
- Thu 30 Nov Testing Ask Me Anything on Teams Without Testers
- Thu 14 Dec Testing Ask Me Anything on Playwright
- Wed 25 Sep - Thu 26 Sep TestBash UK 2024
✏️ Calls for Contributions
- Articles on influencing
- Articles on problem solving
- Articles on the subject of quality
- Articles on the power of models
- Elevate Your Expertise: Be a Guest Speaker on Our AMA Webinars
- Run a Masterclass Webinar and Illuminate the Testing Community
- Speak & Present at TestBash UK 2024
- Register Your Interest in Becoming a Course Creator