Facial Recognition, How Would You Test It?
I’ve been a member of MoT for years and recently joined as a CommunityBoss. It occurred to me in this role it’s important to revisit some questions:
- Why does this community exist and what does co-creation mean?
- How might we capture this value in a simple format for reflection?
- How might ambitious statements guide, support and evolve the direction of the community and the relationship it has with MoT (the business)?
Have a look at the following statements and let me know what you think. I'm excited to see how this evolves!
- Simon, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by TestProject!
Starting Q3 with a bang using TestProject 3.0, enabling parallel testing on a single agent 100% free. Forget complex configs & maintenance efforts of tools such as Selenium Grid/Docker. All you need is TestProject to drastically speed up your release cycles! Take a spin today 🎡
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
New articles, events and news! Find out what's going on
What are some practical steps you can take to move into test leadership? Mirza shares the lessons they learned, from mentorship to company culture. Read Mirza's experience and make your own plans 💡
✋ Don't forget to complete your registration for the upcoming Testing Ask Me Anything by registering on crowdcast! Ask Butch Mayhew all your test leadership questions and join the community conversation.
☀️ We're raising funds for charity with some snazzy co-branded swag! Our designer Thomas has come up with t-shirts, mugs and stickers for you to buy. Any profits will be split between the MoT Scholarship fund and various charities. Learn more about it!
Discover some common coaching methods in the interactive and fun 99 Minute workshop "There's no U in Coach". Run by Lindsay Strydom and Gareth Waterhouse on Wednesday 14th July at 8pm UK Time.
Did you know you can review abstracts for future talks? This is a great way to contribute to the amazing community. Give it a go today, it feels super rewarding. Plus it might give you ideas for submitting your own abstract! ✅
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
This newsletter is also supported by Provar!
How can organizations apply the right automation strategies for their needs while staying on top of the challenges of testing cloud applications? Download Provar’s end to end testing white paper to find out.
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings, Discussions and Training Courses.
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Test Leadership with Butch Mayhew - 8pm UK Time - 13th July 2021
- Discussion: Test Leadership/Management with host Elizabeth Fiennes and guests Scott Kenyon, Karime Salomon and Jerry Headley - 8pm UK Time - 27th July
Continue the Conversation
The Club is the place to ask questions, share your ideas and build great connections with others in the community. Join the conversation and see where it might take you. Here are five places to get started this week.
- The conversation continues about the future of the Test Manager
- How would you test face recognition software?
- What happens when you deadlock an application?
- How would you create automated tests for offline error handling?
- New to CI/CD? Jump and join in on this conversation to learn and share. Lots of interesting stories and ideas to discover.
TOP TIP: Stuck on any topic related to testing? Perform a keyword search and discover so much useful information. Dig deeper to rediscover and reignite great conversations.
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021!
How do you plan your automation? Have you tried the three layer framework? It could help both your developers and test team to create and maintain the automation. 🦾
👀 A compelling read on why you should be testing in production and how you can implement it.
Lots of us are still working remotely, it is even becoming a permanent option for a large number of people. Here are some ideas for activities that could help improve your remote work culture.
What is a "culture of quality" in DevOps? We know it's subjective, but are there things your team could do to improve quality? 🤔
We've picked out a some posts from our blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful.
Extraordinary testers are those that empathise with their team members as well as their customers. Melissa digs deep into this topic. 🕵️♀️
The amazing Esther Derby encourages us to listen. Like, really listen! 👂 A must have skill for anyone invested in the software testing craft.
New to APIs? Or do you need to support how you describe to others why you test APIs? Neil Studd has got you covered.
💬 How would you apply Conway's Law to test automation? Jesper explores such a question.
Unfamiliar with software testing? Or just need a way to describe why you do what you do? This is a must listen from James. He'll help you think about how you prioritise value when testing.
😳 One of the largest ransomware attacks took place recently. Learn what happened and how it relates to risks.
99-Minute Workshops - July 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- There's No U in Coach with Lindsay Strydom and Gareth Waterhouse - 8pm UK Time - 14th July 2021
- Exploring Requirements with a Tester’s Mindset with Janet Gregory - 1pm UK Time - 19th July 2021
- Speed-testing Using Mind-maps with Lena Wiberg - 8pm UK Time - 20th July 2021
- Continuous Testing Throughout the SDLC with Dan Ashby - 8pm UK Time - 21st July 2021
- Team Care: Making Mental Health an Agile Practice with Jenna Charlton - 8pm UK Time - 23rd July 2021
- API Testing With Postman with Suman Bala - 12pm UK Time - 26th July 2021