This newsletter is kindly supported by Qauntyzd Inc
No-Code Mobile App Platform Sofy Announces AI-powered SofySense
Ever wish you had a personal assistant to help out with testing your mobile app? Now you can—and all the time. Let Sofybot help with testing and provide easy-to-understand answers. The future is now: Try Sofy today.
What is it about requirements that cause things to go wrong?
What’s been an interesting thing that was missed off a requirement? Something that in retrospect was obvious. And on a more lighthearted note, what has been the most ridiculous interpretation of requirements that you’ve encountered? I'd love to hear from you so feel free to send me a message or create a new topic on The Club.
We'd like to think the requirements for a helpful mobile app to support the TestBash UK 2023 experience are now all in place. And test-bish-bash-bosh, Diana Dromey recently announced the launch of a new app. 📱 If you're joining the community in Liverpool, UK this September, download it today and start planning.
Last week I had a good chat with Sarah Deery about how we might put out a "30 Days of Growth". A set of tasks and ideas to help folks future-proof themselves. We also explored the idea of running an Ask Me Anything on "Getting Hired". As a community, we have a duty to help each other at a time when job security is at a low. If this sparks ideas please send me a message. We'll keep you updated on the progress of these initiatives.
🙋 Learn, share your knowledge, add to the following
- Mark asks, what aspects of your context impact your testability?
- I want to learn test automation and I don’t know where to start
- How do you automate a compose base architecture app, asks Sahar
- Ady would like to know, how you are reacting to the explosion of AI tools
- How do you raise a dark pattern bug?
- Lots of new blog entries from the community, including being more pirate, when you need a test column and the identity crisis of software QA.
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by TestRail
Integrate with virtually any tool or framework using the TestRail API
The TestRail API allows you to integrate test management with your preferred tools to submit automated test results, migrate test cases, synchronize data, query information, and more. Join us on May 23rd for a live demo and Q&A!
📖 Helpful business posts
- How To Handle SSL Certificates In Selenium WebDriver? — Vipul Gupta
- 3 Software Testing Scaling Challenges (and Solutions) — Bridget Hughes
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Attend The Testμ Conference 2023 — LambdaTest
- Improving testing efficiency with Test Case Design techniques — Mariana Santos
- IWebDriver Browser Commands In Selenium C#: A Detailed Guide — Andreea Dranicean
- The Difference between Release Management and Deployment Management — Jane Temov
📚 Reading List of the Week
Here's another excellent reading list for you and it's all about Mobile Testing Insights. 📱
It contains articles on the challenges of mobile testing, device farms, and accessibility plus a super powerful mnemonic. An essential reading list for anyone looking to level up their mobile testing skills.
Please do share an article with someone if you think that person would find it useful. It could be the very thing they didn't know they were looking for.
- Wed 03 May API Testing 201: API Testing Tools
- Wed 10 May Hands on Test Automation with Playwright
- Wed 17 May API Testing 202: Automating API checks with Postman
- Wed 24 May Zero Bug Policy: The Myths And The Reality
- Wed 31 May Understanding New Situations With Strategy Maps
- Wed 14 Jun Automated Atomic Tests With Java
- Tue 27 Jun Learning To Lead Before Becoming a Leader
- Tue 25 Jul Grow Your Technical Confidence
- Thu 31 Aug The Psychology of Web Performance
- Wed 20 Sep - Thu 21 Sep TestBash UK 2023
- Wed 20 Sep Testing & Quality Recruitment Fair at TestBash UK 2023
🤝 Calls for Contributions
Stay up-to-date with the community via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline, read an article or watch a talk. Discover what the testing community is sharing via the community blog feed.